United States Locations
We're a global corporation and we have incredible opportunities everywhere. So, step inside our world and find out where we do what we do to improve how people work, live, and play.
Fast Facts: The Site
Intel established a presence in Arizona in 1979 and began operations in Chandler, which is just 30 minutes southeast of Phoenix, in 1980.
Intel Arizona is our second largest site and we're the largest employer in Chandler, Arizona.
Intel Arizona consists of two large campuses and several smaller office buildings. The Chandler campus represents the breadth of Intel's business activities worldwide, whereas the Ocotillo campus focuses primarily on high-volume microprocessor manufacturing at state-of-the-art facilities.
Intel Arizona's fab facilities manufacture the Intel® Pentium® processor family of products, and is home to several business units focused on R&D, product design and development, and validation labs.
Since 1996, we've invested over $12 billion in high-tech manufacturing capability in Arizona and spend over $450 million each year in research and development. And, we're investing another $3 billion in our Arizona site to manufacture Intel's industry-leading, next-generation 32 nanometer technology.
Cool stuff at Intel Chandler
In addition to our many benefits and programs, employees get a bunch of other perks! Here's a peek at some of the cool stuff that makes Intel Chandler a great place to work.
- State-of-the-art fitness centers (including Personal Trainer sessions)
- Sports courts and fields (basketball, putting green, horseshoes, soccer, softball, volleyball, walking/jogging trail)
- Recreation amenities (billiards, gaming consoles, ping pong, rec room, table football/foosball, TVs)
- Pampering amenities (massage chairs and onsite massage services)
- Cafes with free fruit, coffee and soda
- Convenience store, dry cleaning, ATMs
- Health for Life Centers (onsite health care for employees), Weight Watchers* sessions, blood pressure machines, and Nursing Mother rooms
- Family Fun Night events, employee discount programs, waterless car wash service
- 'Beyond the Cube' series featuring world-class outside speakers inside Intel
- Networking platforms where employees can connect with each other
Caring for our planet and inspiring the next generation
Intel hires students and graduates from Arizona State University and University of Arizona!
Intel was awarded the highest volunteer honor in the state of Arizona, the 2009 Governors Volunteer Service Award in the large company category and the 2010 National Governors Association Public Private Partnership award for its work with the Arizona Department of Education to provide technology training for teachers.
Our Intel Arizona manufacturing facilities incorporate a number of energy and water conservation measures that characterize our long track record of environmental stewardship.
Fab32, the company's latest and most advanced manufacturing facility, is Intel's first LEED certified building for an existing facility.
Through our Intel® Involved Matching Grants Program we've donated over $620,000 back to the community.
Intel Arizona employees contributed $6.6M to United Way and volunteered 127,000 hours (2009).