Intel Placement Scheme
Our Intel Placement Scheme provides an opportunity to put your education to work. You will get hands-on experience while completing your degree, as well as real-life exposure to the challenging and rewarding work at Intel.
2014 Placement Scheme Opportunities
Honoured by the UK’s “Rate My Placement” as the 8th best undergraduate employer in 2013, Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd. offers student programmes that provide opportunities to gain quality career experience. Employing a hands-on approach, students apply their ideas and innovative attitudes to challenging projects throughout the entire year.
We offer placements to undergraduate students in a variety of global projects in Marketing, Sales, Finance, Business Operations, Engineering, Logistics, HR, and IT.
We created the Intel Placement Scheme to enhance our graduate hiring; we value students as a principal source of future talent that helps our business to grow. A placement with Intel is an excellent opportunity to learn from and network with experienced professionals at the top of their field.
Full-time undergraduate students are eligible to apply for positions within Intel's placement scheme. Intel student placement must fulfill a requirement of your degree and you must have the legal right to work in the United Kingdom. It's important to know that Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd. is committed to equal opportunity employment. Intel respects, values, and welcomes diversity.
Students are considered valuable members of the Intel team, and may earn many of the benefits available to full-time employees, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Holiday time
- Access to professional and personal development courses
- Networking with Intel managers and executives
- Relocation assistance
- Healthcare coverage option
Other benefits of a student placement with Intel include:
- An opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on industry experience
- A chance to develop strong communication, teamwork, and problem solving skills
- Access to a wide variety of training courses
- The ability to apply knowledge gained to the remainder of your degree studies
- Enhanced opportunities for further Intel employment
- An inside view of Intel's work environment
- A chance to make more informed choices about career direction
How to qualify
We are looking for excellent students enrolled in bachelor's, master's, or doctoral programmes in engineering, science, and business-related fields.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, former placements and work experience, demonstrated leadership ability, and team-building skills are all advantages. Versatility and the flexibility to adapt to new situations are essential.
How to apply
Applications for UK placements are usually open at the start of the academic calendar year (September) and we begin the Curriculum vitae (CV) and resume review process at that time. Because the volume of applications is high, we advise you apply as soon as you can.
- Application SW Engineer Internship
- Business Operations Internship
- Chip Implementation Engineer
- Corporate Affairs Internship
- EMEA Commissions Analyst
- Engineering Project Analyst
- Finance Student Placement
- Games Developer Relations Intern (SSG Winnersh Triangle)
- Information System Engineer
- Marketing Assistant Internship
- Marketing Internship
- Marketing Specialist Internship
- Platform and Technology Enabling Group (PTEG) Engineer Internship
- (PTEG) Technical Sales Engineer Internship
- Sales & Marketing Business Analyst
- Sales Support Internship
- Software Business Analyst Internship
- Software Engineer Internship (SSG London)
- Software Engineer Internship (SSG Winnersh Triangle)
- Supply Planning Internship
Check out our placement offerings & apply online. If you're interested in a specific job, click Apply for Job. Go to the Your Candidate Profile page and either register as a New Candidate, or login as a Returning User. Then, upload your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume and cover letter (making sure your data is correct), and answer a few quick questions.
Please be patient if you do not hear back from us immediately. If we select your application, we will contact you with details of the next steps. We will also let you know if we have not selected your application. You can apply for more than 1 placement opportunity but we would recommend you limit your applications to your top 3 selections.
Where we're located
The UK head office is in Swindon. Set in beautiful Wiltshire County, Swindon is approximately one hour from London, 40 minutes from Bristol and 20 minutes from Bath by train—a great location from which to explore the South of England.
To learn about placements or internships that are available at other Intel locations, visit our Global Student Centre.
Intel UK in the News
Intel UK was rated by students as one of the top 10 Ideal Employers for 2012 by Universum. Get a head start and consider our Internship programme for 2012!
Each year our Finance organization hires a number of interns for 13 month placements in our UK office. With our hiring process for 2014 about to start, find out why you should apply for an internship at Intel, the type of job roles we can offer, and our top tips for a successful application.
My placement year at Intel exceeded my expectations. I've had numerous development and training opportunities, a high level of exposure to operational and project needs, visibility to the business environment and responsibility to develop and deliver initiatives with visible results.
The experience I can take from this year in industry is certainly invaluable and I'm certain that the credentials will help me secure a full-time job after graduating.
My confidence has increased and I now have a better idea of what I want to do when I graduate. I have met some great people and had a lot of fun over the past year.