We're a global corporation and we have incredible opportunities everywhere. So, step inside our world and find out where we do what we do to improve how people work, live, and play.
Fast Facts: The Site
Created in the spring of 2004, the Intel Nizhny's Novgorod Lab (INNL) is now one of the largest Intel research and software development centers in Europe. Acting as the hub site for Russia research and development, the INNL also hosts the Russia Marketing Center and various support groups (e.g., Corporate Services, Finance, IT, HR, Purchasing).
The Russia Software Development Center, operating since 2000, employs specialists who are focused on creating new and innovative software development products that harness the power of Intel® architecture for e-Business solutions.
Specialists and engineers at Nizhny Novgorod develop software tools and applications for Intel® architectures, including compilers, performance libraries, and productivity analyzers.
R&D work at the site is primarily focused on:
- Cross-platform software optimization and performance analysis
- Media and signal processing
- Communications system architecture, signal processing algorithms and end-to-end simulations for wireless communications
- Physical and mathematical models for silicon design and manufacturing
- Data mining and machine learning
- Growing expertise in Visual Computing
The Russia Marketing Center (RMC) serves as Intel's strategic hub for long-term marketing in Russia/ Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). The RMC partners with Intel Capital to coordinate initiatives that bring ordinary citizens, technologists, and government officials into the 21st century.
Cool Stuff at Intel Russia—Nizhny Novgorod
In addition to our many benefits and programs, employees get a bunch of other perks! Here's a peek at some of the cool stuff that makes Intel Nizhny Novgorod a great place to work.
- Café with free drinks
- Pampering amenities (massage chairs and showers)
- Sports facilities available for tennis, basketball, volleyball, mini-football
- Recreation Room with X-box*, board games, and various musical instruments
- Organized clubs (e.g., football team) and groups, and employee discount programs
Caring for our planet and inspiring the next generation
Intel Russia contributes to their community through their technological expertise in areas like education and environmental responsibility.
Intel has established relationships with placement centers at universities and other educational institutions located in Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod, Novosibirsk and many other Russian cities.
Through the Intel® Teach Program, Intel Russia employees train primary and high-school teachers to use technology effectively in the classroom so students are prepared to compete in today's technical world.
Intel IT's data center in Russia hosts about a thousand servers. To improve energy efficiency of the data center, it uses external cold air to cool the data center during winter, and uses the heat from servers to warm the office area.