Each year, Intel Romania organizes the Intel Summer Experience Program which offers a 3 month internship for 2nd and 3rd year students. Students have the opportunity to get to experience Intel’s culture and exciting hands-on projects. The Intel Summer Experience Program is designed to engage software engineering students early in their college careers and expose them to real world applications and challenges.
Through mixing learning activities such as trainings, group activities and workshops, interns have the opportunity to develop their soft skills and to increase their technical knowledge. An important role in this program is played by a designated mentor, who guides the intern through the entire experience.
The benefits of this internship program include:
- Competitive compensation
- Guidance by a trained mentor
- Fun events: group exercises, team-building activities
- Excellent in-house training on soft skills (presentation skills, project management)
- An opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on industry experience
- A chance to make more informed choices about personal career direction
- Opportunities to meet and network with Intel managers regarding future career
What do our mentors think about this program?
“It was an interesting experience to see the interns' enthusiasm and motivation to work and deliver something completely new, while integrating into the Intel culture. For me it meant learning to motivate people, listen and understand new problems that came up, and finding the proper way to move forward.” Irina - Software Engineer, Android Development Team, Intel Romania