We're a global corporation and we have incredible opportunities everywhere. So, step inside our world and find out where we do what we do to improve how people work, live, and play.
Fast Facts: The Site
Intel Ireland's Leixlip campus, located in County Kildare, began operations in 1989. Since then, Intel has invested over $12.5 billion in turning the 360-acre former stud farm into the most technologically advanced industrial location in Europe.
Our semiconductor wafer fabrication facility produces the latest generation silicon microprocessors that power platforms and technology advancements which are essential to the way we learn, live and work today.
The fabs at the Leixlip campus produce 300mm wafers on multiple process technologies and our combined facilities constitutes one of Intel's most technologically advanced, high-volume manufacturing plants in the world.
The Quark IoT Solutions Group, also based at the Leixlip campus, is home to the Quark System on Chip (SoC) products and is involved in the design of the successful Intel Galileo Development Board. A mixture of Hardware and Software Engineers, the team is at the cutting edge of the emerging Internet of Things [IoT] and wearable markets.
The combined capabilities in both advanced manufacturing and design are key enablers for numerous R&D initiatives.
- Our team that focuses on Silicon Nanoelectronics Research collaborates extensively with research institutes such as the CRANN Nanoscience Research Centre in Trinity College Dublin and the Tyndall National Research Institute in Cork. The team also collaborates with universities, other companies from across Ireland and Europe, and more than 50 PhD students (co-funded by Intel).
- Also located at the campus is the Innovation Open Lab- Ireland. The lab is home to a research team who facilitate and engage in open research and innovation opportunities in Europe that can ultimately lead to value-driven technology solutions. The lab is ultimately lead to value-driven technology solutions. The lab is focused on Energy & Sustainability, and Dependable Cloud & Services research. The lab is a member and network leader of Intel Labs Europe which has the goal of expanding the scope of Intel’s European R&D activities by coordinating innovation activity and future investment against an Innovation Agenda focused on enabling a Digital Europe.
Cool stuff at Intel Ireland—Leixlip
In addition to our many benefits and programs, employees get a bunch of other perks! Here's some cool stuff that makes Intel in Leixlip a great place to work.
- State-of-the-art fitness centers (including Personal Trainer sessions)
- Indoor recreation amenities (billiards, gaming consoles, ping pong/table tennis, rec room, table football/foosball, TVs)
- Gaelic Football and Hurling Teams
- Cafes with specialized coffee bars
- Free fruit, drinks, and popcorn
- Health for Life Centre (onsite health care for employees), on-site physio visits, Nursing Mother Rooms, and Running Club
- Pampering amenities (massage chairs, sleeping pods)
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Transportation conveniences (Bicycle lockers and racks, car maintenance and oil change, car wash, shuttle service, plus motor and group insurance discounts)
- Other conveniences (ATM, bank services)
Caring for our planet and inspiring the next generation
Corporate responsibility at Intel Ireland reflects our deep respect for people and for the communities around us at both a local and national level.
Intel Ireland employees are deeply involved in a number of activities and programs with local communities and are committed to making positive contributions to them, such as:
- There are a number of educational initiatives including promoting science and math in primary schools with our Intel Mini Scientist and our Women in Technology Scholarships.
- Our employees have numerous opportunities to get involved with the local community. Each year, we have designated Site Charities who benefit from events such as our Charity Cycle, Fun Run and Cake Sales. Employees also have the opportunity to take some time out to help local charities in the area.
Intel Ireland incorporates environmental performance goals throughout our operations, seeking continuous improvement in energy efficiency, emissions reductions, resource conservation, and other areas.