We're a global corporation and we have incredible opportunities everywhere. So, step inside our world and find out where we do what we do to improve how people work, live, and play.
Fast Facts: The Site
Intel Ireland's Leixlip campus, located in County Kildare, began operations in 1989. Since then, Intel has invested over EUR 6 billion in turning the 360-acre former stud farm into the most technologically advanced industrial location in Europe.
Our semiconductor wafer fabrication facility produces the latest generation silicon microprocessors that power platforms and technology advancements which are essential to the way we learn, live and work today.
Fab 24 produces 300mm wafers using 65 nanometer and 90 nanometer process technologies, and is one of Intel's most technologically advanced, high-volume manufacturing plants in the world.
Quark IoT Solutions Group is home to the Quark System on Chip (SoC) products and is involved in the design of the successful Intel Galileo Development Board. A mixture of Hardware and Software Engineers, the team is at the cutting edge of the emerging Internet of Things [IoT] and wearable markets.
The advanced manufacturing capability at our Leixlip site is a key enabler for numerous R&D initiatives.
Our team that focuses on Silicon Nanoelectronics Research collaborates extensively with research institutes such as the CRANN Nanoscience Research Centre in Trinity College Dublin and the Tyndall National Research Institute in Cork. The team also collaborates with universities, other companies from across Ireland and Europe, and more than 50 PhD students (co-funded by Intel).
Our Innovation Open Lab (IOL) has global responsibility to research and develop innovative IT solutions and technology. The IOL is at the forefront of demonstrating how information technology and Intel products can continue to deliver new competitive advantage.
Intel Labs Europe (ILE), a part of IOL, coordinates innovation activity and future investments against an innovation agenda focused on enabling a digital Europe. Research is focused on areas such as advanced microprocessor research, high-performance computing, enterprise solutions and green computing.
Cool stuff at Intel Ireland—Leixlip
In addition to our many benefits and programs, employees get a bunch of other perks! Here's some cool stuff that makes Intel in Leixlip a great place to work.
- State-of-the-art fitness centers (including Personal Trainer sessions)
- Indoor recreation amenities (billiards, gaming consoles, ping pong/table tennis, rec room, table football/foosball, TVs)
- Gaelic Football and Hurling Teams
- Cafes with specialized coffee bars
- Free fruit, drinks, and popcorn
- Health for Life Centre (onsite health care for employees), on-site physio visits, Nursing Mother Rooms, and Running Club
- Pampering amenities (massage chairs, sleeping pods)
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Transportation conveniences (Bicycle lockers and racks, car maintenance and oil change, car wash, shuttle service, plus motor and group insurance discounts)
- Other conveniences (ATM, bank services)
Caring for our planet and inspiring the next generation
Corporate responsibility at Intel Ireland reflects our deep respect for people and for the communities around us at both a local and national level.
Intel Ireland employees are deeply involved in a number of activities and programs with local communities and are committed to making positive contributions to them, such as:
- There are a number of educational initiatives including promoting science and math in primary schools with our Intel Mini Scientist and our Women in Technology Scholarships.
- Our employees have numerous opportunities to get involved with the local community. Each year, we have designated Site Charities who benefit from events such as our Charity Cycle, Fun Run and Cake Sales. Employees also have the opportunity to take some time out to help local charities in the area.
- Through the Intel® Teach Program, Intel Ireland employees train primary and secondary school teachers to use technology effectively in the classroom so students are prepared to compete in today's technical world.
Intel Ireland incorporates environmental performance goals throughout our operations, seeking continuous improvement in energy efficiency, emissions reductions, resource conservation, and other areas.