We're a global corporation and we have incredible opportunities everywhere. So, step inside our world and find out where we do what we do to improve how people work, live, and play.
Fast Facts: The Site
Intel established a sales office in Bangalore in 1988. Ten years later, the Intel India Development Center (IIDC) commenced operations. IIDC is a critical engineering design and development center for key Intel products across CPUs, graphics, SoC, platforms and software with strong IT expertise and factory automation.
Intel India is also expanding its high-end technology research and development efforts to include areas like Mobile Internet Devices, high-density packaging, thermal management and health platforms.
Created as a state-of-the-art research and development facility in Bangalore, the Intel India Systems Research Center enables the finest engineers from the region and around the world to create the next generation of computing platforms that will transform the way we live, work and play.
Intel India employs 12 Principal Engineers and one Senior Principal Engineer; evidence of our strong local management and technical leadership.
To date, Intel's investments in India total approximately USD 2 billion. Additionally, Intel Capital has made strategic investments in companies to help stimulate technological innovation in India and drive continued growth of the country's Information Technology (IT) industry in line with a USD 250 million funding commitment in India.
Cool stuff at Intel India—Bangalore
In addition to our many benefits and programs, employees get a bunch of other perks! Here's some cool stuff that makes Intel India a great place to work.
- Fitness center (24/7), personal trainers
- Sports facilities and playground (basketball, cricket pitch, net practice pitch, football, tennis, volleyball)
- Indoor recreation amenities (billiards, games room/gaming consoles, ping pong, table football (foosball), TVs)
- Hobby Clubs (Intel Gamer’s Group), organized leisure activities, and employee discount programs
- Health for Life program, onsite clinics/Occupational Health Services, Mother rooms, and blood pressure machines
- Cafes with free fruits, drinks and snacks, discounted meals, plus farmers/vegetable market and community garden
- Pampering amenities (massage chairs and onsite massage services, shoe shining)
- Convenience services (ATM, bicycle lockers and racks, dry cleaning, campus stores, concierge services, free transportation, mobile phone chargers, notary services, personal courier, photo developing)
- Social networking channels where employees can connect with each other
Caring for our planet and inspiring the next generation
Intel® Involved India coordinates a variety of employee volunteer programs in support of education, environmental stewardship and safety, youth development, and community service.
Intel India has won two Energy Conservation Awards from the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
The Intel® Education Initiative in India works to improve teaching and learning through the effective use of technology; inspire and expand students’ knowledge and enthusiasm for science and math; and bring cutting-edge technology expertise to universities.
Intel India has trained approximately 1.5 million teachers, teacher educators and student teachers who have completed the Intel® Teach Program during the past 10 years, across 20 states and 73 universities in the country, on use of Information and Communications Technology to facilitate effective teaching and learning in schools.
Intel India facilitated the formation of the World Ahead Alliance—an alliance of 22 likeminded organizations working together to proliferate the adoption of information and communication technology in the country.
Intel facilitated a collaborative movement called ‘Connected Indian’, where government, industry associations and private enterprise came together for the common cause of connecting a billion Indians.