Intel is committed to providing a meaningful, relevant, and enjoyable experience for all intern students.
We offer internships to students in business, engineering, and science programs at undergraduate and graduate levels. We also offer internships for students at select, two-year technical colleges.
Internships can be full time or part time depending on the school curriculum. Interns can also work a compressed work week as defined by their specific project.
Internship program goals
- To provide business groups with the right candidates at the right time
- To enhance the academic and technical development of Intel’s future employees
As an intern, you will enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- An opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience
- A chance to develop strong communication, teamwork, and problem solving skills
- Enhanced opportunities for future Intel employment
- An inside view of Intel's working environment
- A chance to make more informed choices about career direction
- Excellent chances to network with managers and leaders
- Enrollment in a university or a university of applied sciences at least 38 hrs per week on site
- Eligible to work within Germany
- Recent College Graduates (RCG): hired within 18 months of graduation
- Working Student: Enrollment in a university or a university of applied sciences, studying full time, working part time up to 20 hours per week (average over the year)
- Diploma Thesis: Enrollment in a university or a university of applied sciences at least, working on thesis for approximately 3-9 months.
- BA Students: Enrollment with a Berufsakademie and able to continue a part-time study/work program for three years, (e.g. five months internship at Intel, seven months study
More facts on internships in Germany
For nearly 40 years Intel has been bringing new technology to the marketplace. Now we are building on our historical strength in silicon innovation and global manufacturing capacity to create new products and technologies that help people live happier, more productive lives. From mobile technologies to new ways to enjoy entertainment at home, Intel is helping people all over the world accomplish things they never before dreamed possible.
Requirements for an Internship:
- Certificate of enrollment
- Confirmation for health insurance
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- International Management/ Entrepreneurship
Duration and Payment:
- Three to 12 months (depending on the availability of the candidate)
- Monthly salary
Interns are considered valuable members of the Intel team, and may earn many of the benefits available to full-time employees, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Vacation and holiday time
- Access to professional and personal development courses
- Networking with Intel managers and executives
How to apply
Though applications are accepted year-round, Intel usually searches for and recruits interns in the semester preceding the calendar year in which candidates are seeking internships.
Use our Job Search tool to explore what internships are currently available. Select an opening, read the description, and if are interested and qualified in a position, click Apply for Job. Go to the Your Candidate Profile page and either register as a New Candidate, or login as a Returning User. Then, upload your resume to our database, ensure that your data is correct, and answer a few questions about your background and interests. In your resume objective, please indicate your interest in "internship."