We're a global corporation and we have incredible opportunities everywhere. So, step inside our world and find out where we do what we do to improve how people work, live, and play.
Fast Facts: The Site
In 2005, Intel Chengdu opened its assembly and testing facility, the Chengdu Chipset Operations, to assemble chipsets using Intel's most advanced packaging technology.
In 2006, Intel Chengdu completed another factory, the Chengdu Microprocessor Operations, to manufacture microprocessors for computers all over the world.
Today, Intel's Chengdu site includes four factories totaling 600,000 square feet and two stand-alone general-purpose buildings totaling 200,000 square feet.
Intel selected Chengdu because of its strategic location, the quality of its educational system and the well-trained workforce in the region. Approximately 4.5km from downtown, the site is located near the Shuangliu International Airport in Chengdu's High-Tech Industrial Development Zone.
Cool stuff at Intel China—Chengdu
In addition to our many benefits and programs, employees get a bunch of other perks! Here's some cool stuff that makes Intel in Chengdu a great place to work.
- Café with free fruit, drinks, and snacks, plus guest chefs
- Specialized coffee bars
- Health for Life Center (onsite health care for employees), and Nursing Mother's Rooms
- Pampering amenities (massage chairs)
- Fitness center and bicycle lockers and racks
- Sports courts and fields (basketball, football, jogging path, soccer, tennis, volleyball)
- Indoor recreation amenities (badminton, table football/foosball, table tennis/ping pong, TVs)
- Pit stops, pantries, game rooms, rec room, and lounges
- Conveniences services (ATMs, convenience store, umbrellas, eyeglass cleaning)
- Office amenities (mobile phone chargers and printer ink refills)
- Organized clubs and groups, and employee discount programs
- Social networking channels where employees can connect with each other
Caring for our planet and inspiring the next generation
Employees of Intel China contribute to their community through their technological expertise in areas like education and environmental responsibility.
Programs that Intel China employees support locally include Intel Walk into Community program, Intel Adolescents Science and Technology Contest, Junior Achievement, Intel Rural Female Teachers Training Program, Environmental Program, and Blood Donation Day.
In our quest to help transform the lives of millions through education, we've been working for over a decade with countries, communities, and schools worldwide to bring the resources and solutions needed for advancing education, such as our Intel® Teach Program. We collaborate with governments, policy-makers, and local vendors to turn their vision into reality.