Enterprise PC Management Yields IT Efficiency and Savings
Princess Cruise Lines is using the Intel® vPro™ platform on Lenovo PCs equipped with Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processors to improve enterprise PC management. In this case study, IT leaders Liberty Rooney and Gene Dextre of Princess talk about how the Intel vPro platform will help them remotely manage a global fleet of enterprise PCs and enhance desktop virtualization. Achieved or anticipated benefits include:
• Reduced downtime, eliminated deskside visits. Keyboard-Video-Mouse (KVM) Remote Control, a feature of the Intel vPro platform, and additional out-of-band management capabilities, enable IT staff to diagnose and remediate systems remotely, reducing downtime from days to under an hour and eliminating costly deskside visits.
• Streamlined enterprise PC management and enhanced worker flexibility. The Intel vPro platform helps Princess simplify remote PC management and facilitate desktop virtualization, which will enable IT to centrally provision PC environments and provide greater computing flexibility for workers.
• Reduced costs and energy. Administrators can shut down computers when they are not in use, reducing energy consumption and costs. Streamlining management enables the client IT group to manage a large PC fleet with a small staff.
• Improved productivity. PC users enjoy great performance, and IT can boot systems before employees arrive to help enhance employee productivity.
• Great customer service. By minimizing PC downtime, the IT group can help call-center agents, shipboard IT professionals, and other employees focus on customer service.