Intel® EP80579 Integrated Processor Local Expansion Bus: App Note
The local expansion bus (LEB) controller of the Intel® EP80579 Integrated Processor provides an interface to external target devices. A maximum of eight external target devices can be supported on this bus by means of eight programmable chip selects.
The LEB can be configured to support the following target devices and modes:
• Intel® mode and Motorola mode bus cycles
• Intel StrataFlash® technology
• 66MHz Intel StrataFlash® synchronous memory (16-bit only)
• 16-bit Micron ZBT* SRAM
• 8-bit and 16-bit Texas Instruments host port interface (HPI) specifications
• Multiplexed or non-multiplexed address and data buses for Intel®/Motorola HPI bus cycles
• Even and odd parity generation and calculation for Intel®/Motorola/Micron ZBT modes
Other uses for the LEB are for configuring, monitoring, and low bandwidth communication with devices that support multiplexed and non-multiplexed technology.
Read the full Intel® EP80579 Integrated Processor Local Expansion Bus App Note.