This block diagram provides a description of the functions, capabilities, and connectivity within the Intel® processor platform shown. These processors are based on Intel® microarchitecture formerly known as Haswell, manufactured on 22nm process technology with 3-D tri-gate transistors. This platform provides excellent CPU, graphics, media performance, flexibility, and enhanced security over the 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors, making it ideal for a broad range of intelligent systems. Developers can also utilize ECC memory when select processors are used with the Intel® C226 chipset.
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Q87 Chipset
Formerly Shark Bay Desktop (Haswell + Lynx Point)
These processors are based on Intel® microarchitecture formerly known as Haswell, manufactured on 22nm process technology with 3-D tri-gate transistors. This platform provides excellent CPU, graphics, media performance, flexibility, and enhanced security over the 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors, making it ideal for a broad range of intelligent systems. Developers can also utilize error correcting code (ECC) memory when select processors are used with the Intel® C226 chipset.
Intel® HD Graphics 4600: Provides high-end media and graphics capabilities for devices that display videos, 2-D/3-D graphics, and interactive content.
Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2: Accelerates integer/matrix compute performance for signal and image processing applications.
- Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI): Supports hardware acceleration for data encryption and decryption.
- Intel® Flex I/O: Allows user to assign four to six SATA 6.0 Gbps, six to eight PCI Express* Gen 2.0, and four to six USB 3.0 ports, based on configuration needs.
- Intel® vPro™ technology: Delivers unprecedented hardware support for vital security and management functions.
Products using 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors with Intel® Q87 chipset
Check out some of the embedded products offered from our Intel® Internet of Things Solutions Alliance partners based on 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors with Intel® Q87 chipset.
Browse the catalog >
Intel® Embedded Design Center (Intel® EDC) support
Access technical and sales assistance, register for an Intel® EDC account, or manage your account.Contact us >
Processor and chipset selection, peripheral devices, board size, power budget, and thermal analysis.
Design Review Services
Submit your designs, and we will analyze them for compliance with guidelines and report potential issues within one week.
The Intel® Design-In Tools Store allows you to speed through motherboard and system design with validation tools and services available for purchase from Intel.
Test Tool Loan Program
Some design-in debug and validation tools are available at no cost to embedded and IoT developers who meet the loan program criteria.
1. Intel processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
2. Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) requires a computer system with an Intel® AES-NI-enabled processor, as well as non-Intel software to execute the instructions in the correct sequence. Intel® AES-NI is available on select Intel® processors. For availability, consult your reseller or system manufacturer. For more information, see software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-advanced-encryption-standard-instructions-aes-ni.
3. Intel® vPro™ technology is sophisticated and requires setup and activation. Availability of features and results will depend upon the setup and configuration of your hardware, software, and IT environment. To learn more visit: www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/vpro/intel-vpro-technology-developer.html
4. Requires a system with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology and Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 are only available on select Intel® processors. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
5. Intel technologies’ features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Performance varies depending on system configuration. Check with your system manufacturer or retailer or learn more at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/core-i7ee-processor.html.
6. Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) requires activation and a system with a corporate network connection, an Intel® AMT-enabled chipset, network hardware and software. For notebooks, Intel AMT may be unavailable or limited over a host OS-based VPN, when connecting wirelessly, on battery power, sleeping, hibernating or powered off. Results dependent upon hardware, setup & configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-active-management-technology.html.