1. What Windows* operating systems are officially supported by Intel® Embedded Graphics Drivers?
Intel® Embedded Graphics Drivers supports the following Windows* operating systems:
2. Do Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers support Windows 7* / Windows Embedded Standard* 7 (WES7)?
No. Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers do not support Windows 7 or Windows Embedded Standard 7.
3. Do Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers support Windows Vista*?
Yes. Microsoft Windows Vista is supported as a plan of record (POR) operating system for all Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers ECG chipsets supported by Windows XP SP3.
Note: Windows Aero, Microsoft's code name for the Microsoft Vista theme (or shell), is not supported by Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers under Windows Vista. Windows Aero is a graphics function that adds glass or translucent effects to menus, balloons, and dialog boxes in Windows Vista along with 3D scrolling. Aero's purpose is to add more intuition to toolbars and navigation.
For more information on Aero please visit: http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/vista/vista_aero.htm.
Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers 10.3.1 does not include support for Vista 2D + 3D or Vista DirectX 9.0L, DirectX 10.0 (combine with MS Vista 2D + 3D).
To generate a Configuration EDitor (CED) Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers package for Microsoft Windows Vista:
4. What graphics driver should I use for my Intel® System Controller Hub (Intel® SCH) US15WP/WPT chipset-based platform under Windows Embedded Standard 7?
Please check the Intel® Embedded Media and Graphics Driver (Intel® EMGD) for support.
5. When will Intel® Embedded Graphics Drivers support Windows Embedded Standard 7 on Intel® Atom™ N270 + 945GSE chipset-based platforms?
Now. However, customer-based platforms using the Intel® Atom™ N270 + 945GSE chipset must use the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver) for Windows 7 / Windows Embedded Standard 7.
Support for Windows Embedded Standard 7 is not on the Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers roadmap for Intel® Atom™ N270 + 945GSE chipset-based platforms.
6. When will Intel® Embedded Graphics Drivers support Windows Embedded Standard* 7 on Intel® Atom™ 400/500 series, which is comprised of the combined 945 graphics processing unit (GPU) core and the Intel Atom processor-based platforms?
Now. However, customer-based platforms using the Intel Atom processor 400 and 500 series must use the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel GMA Driver) for Windows 7 / Windows Embedded Standard 7.
Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers supports other non-WES7 Windows and Linux* operating systems for systems using the Intel® Atom™ processor 400 and 500 series (integrated 945 GPU core + Intel Atom™ processor).
Support for Windows Embedded Standard 7 is not on the Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers roadmap for Intel Atom processor 400 and 500 series-based platforms.
7. When will Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers support Windows Embedded Standard 7 on Intel Atom processor E6xx series-based platforms?
Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers do not support Windows Embedded Standard 7 now nor will they do so in the future.
8. Can a host system running Windows 7 64-bit version use CED to generate an Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers 10.x driver package?
Yes, a host system running Windows 7 64-bit can be used to build an Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers 10.x driver package, but CED must be run in Microsoft Virtual PC* Windows XP mode as some utilities used to generate VBIOS in CED are Windows XP applications. Access the link below to obtain more background information on Microsoft Virtual PC mode: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx.
9. Which quick fix engineering (QFE) patches are supported for Windows CE 6.0 R2?
Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers support the latest Microsoft QFE patch dated June 9, 2009 in Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers 10.2 and Intel Embedded Graphics Drivers 10.3.
10. How do I need to patch my Platform Builder environment to align with Intel® Embedded Graphics Drivers?
Please use the following steps to patch Platform Builder environment:
1. Patch platform builder with following patch orders (please follow the order):
2. Manually copy the wmvdmod.lib and wmvdmod.pdb files:
3. Manually copy the wmvdmod.lib and wmvdmod.pdb files from:
Note: Please back up the new wmvdmod.lib and wmvdmod.pdb file after patch.
4. Perform clean sysgen.