Embedded: Intel® Core™ Processors and Chipsets
Recommended Intel® Core™ processors for intelligent apps
Embedded platforms based on validated combinations, Intel® Core™ processors and chipsets provide1, 2:
Ignite opportunity with platforms based on the 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors and the Intel® QM87 Express Chipset, the Intel® HM86 Express Chipset, and the Intel® Q87 Express Chipset, delivering:
- Intel® HD Graphics 4600 for high-end media capabilities for devices that display videos, 2D, and 3D graphics and interactive content.
- Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2 for accelerated integer/matrix performance on signal and image processing applications.
- Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) for faster data encryption and decryption.
- Intel® Flex I/O for flexible configuration needs with up to six SATA 6.0 Gbps ports or six USB 3.0 ports.
- Intel® vPro™ Technology for unprecedented hardware support, security, and management functions.
5th generation Intel® Core™ processors with mobile Intel® QM87 and HM86 chipsets (formerly Broadwell-H)
5th generation Intel® Core™ processors based on the mobile U-processor line (formerly Broadwell-U)
4th generation Intel® Core™ processors with Intel® Communications Chipset 89xxCC Series (formerly Glen Forest)
Intel® Xeon®, Intel® Core™, and Intel® Pentium® processors with Intel® Communications Chipset 89xx Series (formerly Crystal Forest/Gladden Refresh)
4th generation Intel® Core™ processors with Intel® Q87 chipset (formerly Shark Bay Desktop)
4th generation Intel® Core™ processors with Intel® QM87 and HM8 chipsets (formerly Shark Bay Mobile)
Intel® Xeon®, Intel® Core™, Intel® Pentium®, and Intel® Celeron® processors with Intel® Communications Chipset 89xx Series (formerly Crystal Forest/Gladden)
3rd generation Intel® Core™ and Intel® Pentium® processors with Intel® B75/Q77 Express Chipsets (formerly Maho Bay)
2nd generation Intel® Core™, Intel® Pentium®, and Intel® Celeron® processors with Intel® Q67/B65/H61 Express Chipsets (formerly Sugar Bay)
Processor and chipset selection, peripheral devices, board size, power budget, and thermal analysis.
Design Review Services
Submit your designs, and we will analyze them for compliance with guidelines and report potential issues within one week.
Hardware Test Tool Loan Program
Provides debug and validation tools, including instructional videos, for supported products on a temporary loan basis.
The Intel® Design-In Tools Store allows you to speed through motherboard and system design with validation tools and services available for purchase from Intel.
1. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html.
2. TDP values for Intel® Atom™ Processor E6xx Series are pre-silicon estimates. SPEC* CPU2006 is an industrial standard benchmark designed to provide performance measurements that can be used to compare compute-intensive workloads on different computer systems. SPEC* CPU2006 tests on Intel® microprocessors are measured using particular, well-configured systems. These results may or may not reflect the relative performance of Intel microprocessor in systems with different hardware or software designs or configurations (including compilers). Buyers should consult other sources of information, including system benchmarks, to evaluate the performance of systems they are considering purchasing. For more information about SPEC* CPU2006 please visit www.spec.org/cpu2006/. For the description of the systems used to obtain these test results and other information about microprocessor and system performance and benchmarks, visit Intel's World Wide Web site, www.intel.com, or call 1-800-628-8686.