TCS Financial Solutions is a strategic business unit of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Dedicated to providing business application solutions to financial institutions globally, TCS Financial Solutions has compiled a comprehensive product portfolio under the brand name of TCS BaNCS*. With a global customer base of more than 300 institutions operating in over 80 countries, TCS Financial Solutions delivers state-of-the-art software solutions for the banking, insurance, and capital markets industries worldwide. TCS BaNCS Securities Trading* application is one of the products it offers to the broker dealer segment of capital markets.
• Reduce latency in algorithmic trading. Reduce the time to process transactions to the sub-millisecond level with the TCS BaNCS Securities Trading application, allowing investors to route orders much faster and increase trading profitability.
• Increase transaction throughput. Allow computing resources to be utilized efficiently to double throughput and reduce latency of processing transactions.
• Reduce data access time. Reduce the time spent in accessing in-memory, relational database management systems, lowering the end-to-end application latency.
• Take advantage of the latest generation of Intel® platforms. Refresh servers and enable the TCS BaNCS Securities Trading application to utilize parallel processing with the multi-core, multi-socket platforms to achieve low latency and higher-throughput performance during trading transactions.
• Use various Intel® technologies. Allow processor frequency to scale dynamically, boost overall system scalability and performance by using technologies like Intel® Turbo Boost Technology and Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology.
• Make the overall application aware of non-uniform memory access (NUMA). Enable NUMA awareness at the BIOS level, allowing the application to be fne-controlled for NUMA awareness at the operating system level. Processes and their memory references were affinitized using numactl commands.
• Improve database access efficiency. Reduce memory access times and shift bottleneck towards memory utilization while improving software algorithms and optimizing data structures to take advantage of the underlying architecture.