In financial services, a firm’s day-to-day operations can create costly IT challenges, especially when back offices remain neglected in terms of investment, leaving IT with a patchwork of outdated systems. By updating IT infrastructures with relevant new technologies, firms can access critical information faster and keep costly desk-side IT visits and troubleshooting to a minimum.
Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors: Built for business. Engineered for security.
By deploying PCs powered by the Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family1, firms can increase computing performance and business data protection, all while reducing energy requirements and cutting costs. Specific processor benefits include:
- Remote monitoring: IT can troubleshoot and repair PCs remotely (even if they’re turned off or unresponsive), keeping desk visits and downtime to a minimum.
- Intel® Anti-Theft Technology2: PCs with Intel® Core™ vPro processors can disable themselves if they are lost or stolen.
- Intel® Active Management Technology3: Remote hardware and software tracking allows IT to immediately respond to everyday events such as interest rate changes.
- Intel® vPro™ Technology4: Comprehensive security and management tools are built into the 3rd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family, Intel® chipsets, and network adapters.
Additional information: 5,6
Register for financial services electronic updates:
Intel® Xeon® processors: Savings through consolidation
Financial organizations can achieve exceptional scalable performance and advanced reliability for the most data-demanding applications with the Intel® Xeon® processor family. Specifically, firms can expect:
- Adaptive performance: Servers with the Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family can boost performance up to 80 percent over previous-generation Intel Xeon processor-based servers.7,8 And with performance that adapts to workloads, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 delivers up to two times more performance on demand than previous-generation turbo technology.8,9,10
- Increased efficiency: Intel® I/O Acceleration Technology (Intel® I/OAT) with Intel® QuickData Technology moves data more efficiently through Intel Xeon processor-based workstations and server platforms, helping to reduce latency even more.
- Greater security: With Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI), the Intel Xeon processor family can accelerate pervasive encryption by ten times, all without a tax on performance elsewhere in your data center.8,11