Intel® 82575 Reference Design, Copper, Version 1.1
This document is applicable to the Intel® 82562GZ 10/100 Mbps Platform LAN Connect (PLC) device, a member of the 82562G Fast Ethernet device family.
The 82562GZ is a highly-integrated Platform LAN Connect device designed for 10 or 100 Mbps Ethernet systems. It is based on the IEEE 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX standards. The IEEE 802.3u standard for 100BASE-TX defines networking over two pairs of Category 5 unshielded twisted pair cable or Type 1 shielded twisted pair cable. The 82562GZ complies with the IEEE 802.3u Auto-Negotiation standard and the IEEE 802.3x Full Duplex Flow Control standard. The 82562GZ also includes a PHY interface compliant to the current platform LAN connect interface.
• IEEE 802.3 Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
• 82541PI(ER) and 82562GZ(GX) Dual Footprint LOM Design Guide. Intel Corporation.
• Intel® I/O Controller Hub 6 (ICH6) Family External Design Specification (EDS), Volume 1, Revision 1.5V1. Intel Corporation.
• Intel® I/O Controller Hub 6 (ICH6) Family External Design Specification (EDS), Volume 2, Revision 1.5V2. Intel Corporation.
• I/O Control Hub 2, 3, and 4 EEPROM Map and Programming Information. Intel Corporation.
• I/O Control Hub 5, 6, and 7 EEPROM Map and Programming Information. Intel Corporation.
Programming information can be obtained through your local Intel representatives.
Read the full Intel® 82575 Reference Design.