Intel® 82563EB/82564EB Gigabit Platform LAN Connect: Datasheet
• IEEE 802.3ab compliant—Robust operation over the installed base of Category-5 (Cat-5) twisted pair cabling
• PICMG 3.1 compliant—Robust operation in backplane over Ethernet applications.
• Support for cable line lengths greater than 100 m (spec); 123 m physical—Robust end to end connections over various cable lengths
• Full duplex at 10, 100, or 1000 Mb/s and half duplex at 10 or 100 Mb/s.
• IEEE 802.3ab Auto-negotiation with Next Page support—Automatic link configuration including speed, duplex, and flow control
• 10/100 downshift—Automatic link speed adjustment with poor quality cable
• Automatic MDI crossover—Helps to correct for infrastructure issues
• Advanced Cable Diagnostics—Improved end-user troubleshooting
• Kumeran interface—Low pin count, high speed interface to the Intel® 631xESB/632xESB I/O Controller Hub
• —Allows PHY placement proximity to I/O back panel.
• 7 LED outputs per port (4 configurable plus 3 dedicated)—Link and Activity indications (10, 100, 1000 Mb/s) on each port
• Clock supplied to the 631xESB/632xESB—Cost optimized design
• Full chip power down—Support for lowest power state
• 100 pin TQFP Package—Smaller footprint and lower power dissipation compared to multi-chip MAC and PHY solutions
• Operating temperature: 0°C to 60° C (maximum) – heat sink or forced airflow not required —Simple thermal design
• Power Consumption: < 1.0 Watts per port (silicon power)—Minimize impact of incorporating dual Gigabit instead of Fast Ethernet
• Leaded and lead-free 100-pin TQFL with an Exposed-Pad*. Devices that are lead-free are marked with a circled “e3” and have a product code: HYXXXXX
Read the full Intel® 82563EB/82564EB Gigabit Platform LAN Connect Datasheet.