1. Can I get the source code for the Microsoft Windows* driver?
No, Intel® Embedded Media and Graphics Driver (Intel® EMGD) for Microsoft Windows* plan of record operating systems was designed so that Intel® graphics chipset customers would not need access to the source code.
2. What Windows operating systems are officially supported by Intel EMGD?
Intel EMGD supports Microsoft Windows and Windows Embedded Compact operating systems. For the details of supported versions, please refer to the user guide and release notes of the appropriate platform.
3. Does Intel EMGD support Windows 7 and Windows Embedded Standard 7?
Yes. Intel EMGD supports Windows 7 (32-bit) and Windows Embedded Standard 7 (32-bit) for platforms Intel® Atom™ processor E6xx series and Intel® System Controller Hub US15W, US15WP, US15WPT chipsets.
4. Can a host system running Windows 7 64-bit version use the Intel EMGD Configuration EDitor (CED) to generate an Intel EMGD driver package?
Yes, a host system running Windows 7 64-bit version can be used to build an Intel EMGD driver package using the CED tool.
5. What platforms are supported with Intel EMGD for Windows 7 and Windows Embedded Standard 7?
Intel EMGD for Windows 7 and Windows Embedded Standard 7 supports the following platforms:
Note: The driver supports only Intel Atom processor E6xx series 1.0 GHz and above SKUs, they are 1.0 GHz (E640), 1.3 GHz (E660), and 1.6 GHz (E680). The 0.6 GHz (E620, E620T) SKU is not supported due to Microsoft Windows 7 minimum system requirement of 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) processor or above.
6. What platforms are supported with Intel EMGD for Windows Embedded Compact (WEC)?
7. What are the consequences of installing Intel EMGD for Windows 7 and Windows Embedded Standard 7 on Intel Atom processor E6xx 0.6 GHz (E620, E620T) SKU platform?
The system still allows installation but when rebooting, Windows 7 and Windows Embedded Standard 7 boots only in VGA mode.
Get a quick introduction to all the valuable resources and content available on the Resource & Design Center.
Explore the building blocks for IoT products—from end-to-end solutions, to cloud gateways and virtualized, real-time industrial systems.
Intel sales engineers offer advice and support to maximize your design. Whether you are looking for design advice or help finding the right Intel partner, we can help.
Manage your Intel profile and settings, get account assistance, or apply for access to the Resource & Design Center.