Intel® Industrial Solutions System Consolidation Series
Speed the delivery of virtualized industrial systems
Configurable, pre-integrated industrial virtualization solution
Developers looking to reduce solution cost and shorten the development time of virtualized, real-time industrial systems can do so with Intel’s new system consolidation products. These application-ready platforms provide the pre-integration of crucial hardware and software components to enable faster delivery of high performance solutions that support multiple workloads. Virtualized, consolidated industrial systems based on the Intel® Industrial Solutions System Consolidation Series should enable industrial and automation control OEMs, engineering firms, and system integrators to:
- Use multiple partitions on a single computing device to simultaneously run both real-time and general-purpose operating systems
- Harness development tools to utilize pre-configured partitions as appropriate for the applications
- Accelerate time to market of high-performance, virtualized industrial systems
- Install fewer subsystems to reduce complexity, foot print and energy usage
- Lower integration and operating costs for customers by reducing the number of devices to manage, test, and secure
- Product brief: Product overview >
- Datasheet: Consolidating industrial systems through virtualization >
- User guide: Intel® Industrial Solutions System Consolidation Series for SCS version 1.0
- Video: Intel and Wind River discuss system consolidation in the factory >
- Solution brief: Manufacturing strategies >
- White paper: Benefits of system consolidation >
- White paper: Intel® Industrial Solutions real-time performance >
- Video: Implementing system consolidation >
- Case study: Virtualized secure gateway solution >
- Support policy >
Products are pre-configured with three virtualized partitions, two with the Wind River VxWorks* real-time operating system and one with embedded Wind River Linux*.
Virtualization for industrial environments is now easier
Pre-integrated and pre-validated, these application-ready virtualization platforms greatly streamline and simplify the effort of integrating previously discrete industrial subsystems into a single device.
Products in the series include the hardware and software necessary to deliver consolidated solutions. The virtualized software stack provides both real-time and embedded operating systems—managed by a hypervisor—and is pre-integrated with an embedded computing system to support a variety of traditional industrial workloads, such as motion control, programmable logic control (PLC), machine vision, data acquisition, human machine interface (HMI), and more.
Get started with development kits
Speed development and reduce time to market.
Find a distributor >
Join the Intel® Internet of Things Solutions Alliance
Become part of one of the world's most recognized and trusted technology ecosystems.
Join the alliance >
System consolidation demos
The "Shelly" project will demonstrate how multiple workloads—including motion control, human machine interface (HMI), and vibration analysis—can be consolidated on a single computing device while achieving real-time performance in a virtualized environment. Watch "Composing 'Shelly'" videos:
Processor and chipset selection, peripheral devices, board size, power budget, and thermal analysis.
Schematic Review Service
Submit your design schematic, and we will analyze it for compliance to guidelines and report potential issues within one week.
Hardware Test Tool Loan Program
Provides debug and validation tools, including instructional videos, for supported products on a temporary loan basis.
The Design-In Tools store allows you to speed through motherboard and system design with validation tools and services available for purchase from Intel.