Within the University Research Office (URO), we collaborate with academic researchers to provide the technical and financial support for projects that push technology beyond its known limits. From its inception four years ago, the URO has built research programs with Intel engineers and academic thought leaders from a variety of fields, to explore and demonstrate breakthroughs that could influence Intel and the industry overall for example, research into technologies that support and extend the spirit of Moore’s Law or shed light on new and valuable uses for computing.
The academic community can expect the following from us:
- Financial support for short- and long-term research programs
- Community-building with other experts in the field of research
- Collaboration with Intel technical experts and engineers
- Assistance procuring research funding from additional sources
- Paths to successful technology transfer
We think the best ideas come from combining a variety of perspectives. That’s why we typically award multiple grants to professors from different universities and specialties to foster collaboration within a single program.
Priority Research Topics
- New uses of computing and their implications
- Next-generation multi-core software engineering
- System-on-chip infrastructure
- Energy efficiency, storage, harvesting, and management
- Communications and networking
- Memory devices and storage hierarchy
- Materials and nanotechnology
- Emerging disruptive technologies
In the URO, we understand that the next breakthrough technology may not be so apparent today. We also know that it will never happen if we don’t invest in and cultivate the ideas that can lead to it.
Due to the attention that we give to each of our programs and the collaborative nature of the research, our programs are generally on a three to five year cycle. During this time, our Intel engineers work extensively with university professors to explore and develop cutting-edge technologies of the future.
Get More Information
To receive our quarterly newsletter with news and announcements related to Intel Higher Education programs, please provide us with your contact information.