Taiwan Embedded Systems Contest Generates Innovative Designs
For the 2013 Intel Taiwan Intelligent Systems Design Student Contest, students first submitted their concept proposals to use the Intel® Atom™ to develop applications in transportation, healthcare, communication and digital Home areas. The judges selected 10 teams to receive the Intel Atom development kit which the contestants used to implement their concepts.
During the development process, teams received advice from Intel and industrial technical experts to help them refine their designs. Then in November, the 10 teams presented their projects and three finalists were chosen.
Teams from National Yunlin University of Science and Technology won the Golden and first Silver Awards, and a team from National Sun Yat-sen University won the second Silver Award.
|Golden Award||The Design and Realization of a Low Cost 360 Degree Holographic Bumping Prevention System
||National Yunlin University of Science and Technology||Zheng-Wen Huang, Shih-Meng Hsu, Wen-Jiun Liao
|First Silver Award||Visualized Multi-Functional Intelligent Driving Assistant System
||National Yunlin University of Science and Technology||Wei-Ren Chen, Yu-Tong Jheng, Wel-Chen Xu
|Second Silver Award||3D Genie
||National Sun Yat-sen University||Chia-Hung Yeh,
Yu-Hsien Song, Kahlil Muchtar, Hsiang-Erh Lai
Highlights from the Taiwan Embedded Systems Design Competitions
- Golden Award winners for 2013.
- 2013 Silver Award winners
- Judges review the entries at the 2013 contest.
- Judges take a closer look at the 2013 entries.
- Jiun-Ting Ding from National Chiao Tung University receives the First Award in 2012.
- Second Award went to four students from National Sun Yat-Sen University in 2012.
- Students from National Chung Cheng University claim the Third Award in 2012.
- The students from National Sun Yat-Sen University also receive the Most Popular Award in 2012.
- Teams huddle during the 2012 competition.
- Hands-on demonstrations reveal how the designs function.
- Crowds gather to view the various embedded systems design projects.
- Judges provide the contestants with constructive feedback.