The Entrepreneur Resources contain a suggested reading list as well as suggested web pages the new entrepreneur may find useful.
An Entrepreneur's Suggested Reading List
- The Ernst and Young Business Plan Guide by Eric Siegel, Brian R. Ford, and Jay M. Burnstein
- The Portable MBA in Entrepreneurship, 3rd ed. by William D. Bygrave, Editor
- The Start-up Entrepreneur by James R. Cook
- The Entrepreneur's Guide to Business Law by Constance Bagley and Craig E. Dauchy
- New Venture Mechanics by Karl H. Vesper
- Engineering Your Start-up: A Guide for the Hi-Tech Entrepreneur by Michael L. Baird
- The New Venture Handbook: Everything You Need to Know to start and Run Your Own Business by Ronald E. Merrill and Henry D. Sedgwick
- High-Tech Ventures: The Guide for Entrepreneurial Success by C. Gordon Bell with John E. McNamara
- New Venture Creation: Entrepreneurship for the 21st century, 5th ed. by Jeffry Timmons
- New Business Ventures and the Entrepreneur by Howard Stevenson et al.
- The Successful Business Plan: Secrets and Strategies by Rhonda Abrams
- Pratt's Guide to Venture Capital Sources by Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault
- Raising Money: Venture Funding and How to Get It by Ronald E. Merrill
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship by Peter Drucker
High Technology Marketing
- How to Drive the Competition Crazy by Guy Kawasaki
- Crossing the Chasm by Geoff Moore
- Inside the Tornado by Geoff Moore
- Relationship Marketing: Successful Strategies for the Age of the Customer by Regis McKenna
- Real Time Marketing by Regis McKenna
- Marketing High Technology: An Insider's View by Bill Davidow
- The One-to-One Future by Don Peppers et al.
- Financial & Cost Analysis for Engineering. and Technology Management by Hank Riggs
- High Tech StartUp by John L. Nesheim
- Only the Paranoid Survive by Andy Grove
- Startup by Jerry Kaplan
- Regional Advantage by A. Saxenian
- Built to Last by Jim Collins and Jerry Porras
- Burn Rate: How I Survived the Gold Rush Years on the Internet by Michael Wolff
- Competing on Internet Time: Lessons from Netscape and Its Battle with Microsoft by Michael A. Cusumano and David B. Yoffie
- The New New Thing by Michael Lewis
- eBoys by Randall Stross
- Harvard Business Review on Entrepreneurship by Amar Bhldt
Suggested Web pages
The Small Business Administration web site contains a basic step-by-step approach to writing a business plan. This site provides information on legal issues, business planning, software, and other resources.
The Red Herring provides directories, resources and news and analysis on high-tech and entrepreneurial happenings.
Entrepreneur Magazine offers information and solutions for a growing business.
MIT Technology Review covers a broad array of technologies including biotechnology, healthcare, business, computing, energy, nanotechnology, security, software, telecommunications and the internet.