Nigeria Improves Education Outcomes in 3,000 Classrooms
Intel World Ahead Program uses the innovative School Access Program (SAP) to support Nigeria in its transition to the digital world. SAP uses the Intel® Education Solutions to deliver Internet connectivity, teacher training, improved learning methods, and a digital curriculum to nearly 3,000 schools across Nigeria.
In just six years, the program has already achieved its ambitious goal of “creating an effective and sustainable ICT usage model in education,” as shown by improved student test scores, higher class attendance, increased teacher effectiveness, and more.
• Improved class performance. In just three years, the percentage of students in physics and English who passed their certification exams rose to nearly 100 percent.
• Higher class attendance. Almost all teachers report that the program has significantly improved student attendance.
• Increased student collaboration. Most students, as well as teachers, report that students now spend more time working together.
• Greater access to information. Teachers and students indicate improved access to information that improves the overall quality of education.
• Improved teaching. Teachers (88 percent) and administrators report increased teaching effectiveness, with the largest gains in urban schools.
Read the full Nigeria Improves Education Outcomes in 3,000 Classrooms Case Study.