Chromebook*: An Intel® Education Reference Design
Designed for learning, the Intel® Education reference design for Chromebook* is rugged, easy to manage, and keep secure.
- Hassle-free right out of the box—teachers and students can get up and running quickly with built-in Google Apps*
- Unique features for education—rotatable camera with optional magnification lens, retractable carry handle, and an anti-glare screen to reduce eyestrain
- Up to 9.5 hours of battery life1 for all-day learning
- Rugged and durable—spill resistant, withstands accidental drops from up to desktop height, and reinforced ports and hinges
- Low total cost of ownership—can dramatically reduce deployment, management, security, and maintenance costs
Explore the Solutions Showcase >
Quick to deploy and easy to manage
The Google web-based management console*2, purchased separately, makes it easy for a school IT administrator to configure a fleet of Chromebooks.
Using the console, IT can remotely manage devices, users, apps, and policies across classrooms, a school, or a district. This solution helps to eliminate time-intensive tasks like imaging, updating OS, installing patches, and data recovery.
According to Google, because schools no longer need to purchase the same software licenses, servers, security solutions, and maintenance plans, the total cost of owning a Chromebook can be dramatically lower than the ownership of a traditional computer.3
Easy to maintain and keep secure
- With Google Drive*, files are backed up online, safely and securely, even if the device is lost or stolen
- Google Apps are built-in and stay up to date automatically; no need to install updates or patches
- Designed from the ground up to defend against malware and viruses, Chromebooks* protect data, users, and networks. Security and software updates install automatically
- Multiple login capability gives students their own personalized apps, settings, and bookmarks when they log in so a Chromebook can be shared without fear of unauthorized data access or altered settings
Retractable handle makes it easy for students to carry and less likely to be dropped.
Reinforcement around ports and hinges adds durability that stands up to student wear and tear.
Optional snap-on magnification lens attaches to the rotatable camera to provide 30x magnification for scientific inquiry.
Water-resistant keyboard channels liquids away from the electronics to prevent damage.
Anti-peel keys resist removal by students and help to reduce out-of-classroom servicing downtime.
- Display: 11.6-inch 1366 x 768 resolution HD LED anti-glare screen
- WiFi: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 adapter (Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 with Bluetooth* 4.04)
- Processor: Intel® Celeron® processor N2830 (1M cache, up to 2.41 GHz) or Intel Celeron processor N2930 (2M cache, up to 2.16 GHz)
- System I/O: 2 in 1 card reader (SD/MMC), full HDMI*, 1 x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, Kensington Security Slot*
- Dimensions/Weight: 300 x 215 x 22.4 mm, 1290 g
Download the product brief >
Ready to get started?
Intel’s broad ecosystem, pioneering products, and expertise in everything from teacher professional learning to cloud computing position Intel as a powerful ally in advancing student success.
1. Battery life testing conducted by Quanta using Google Chrome OS power_LoadTest*. Battery life will vary and the maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/testing/power-testing for test details.
2. Google web-based management console is purchased separately.
3. To quantify the economic value of Chromebooks* for your school, go to the Google and IDC TCO calculator located at https://roianalyst.alinean.com/idc/AutoLogin.do?d=847988795968028587.
4. Based on the theoretical maximum bandwidth enabled by 2x2 802.11ac implementations. Actual wireless throughput and/or range will vary depending on your specific operating system, hardware, and software configurations.