Thinking about Learning
What have you learned in this module? You explored the persuasive style of writing. You explored basic guidelines for Internet security. You selected a controversial issue for a persuasive essay and wrote some effective research questions. You located credible sources and took notes to learn about your issue.
You have learned:
- How persuasive style can help you make an interesting and convincing argument
- How to protect yourself and the computers and networks you use when you are online
- How to recognize different persuasive writing strategies with different purposes
- How to choose a controversial issue and write effective questions to guide research
- How to gather accurate and reliable information from credible sources
Quizzes: Did you learn the important ideas in this module? These quizzes help you demonstrate what you learned. Your answers are not recorded, and the quizzes are not scored.
Reflection: How can you make sure you really understand something? One of the best ways is to explain it to someone else. You might talk to another student, a teacher, or someone in your family.