Essential components of education transformation
Transformative education initiatives look beyond a one-time infusion of technology. To deliver long-term value, they must begin with a solid understanding of costs, weighed against the savings benefits from wise technology choices.
Intel partners with leaders in education—including hardware, software, and service providers—to develop education technologies and solutions that maximize potential over time. From open standards to compatible infrastructure, Intel solutions can help you meet educational demands now—and well into the future.
- Estimate overall costs and savings. An accurate return on investment (ROI) factor is not just the costs you'll incur for technology, but the potential savings from professional development, curriculum resources, program evaluation, and other aspects of transformation.
- Identify strategic allies and sustainable resourcing. Funding models that support the use of education technology include public-private partnerships; technology grants; bonds, leasing, and universal service fees; and parent or individual financing.
- Construct a plan to obtain and renew resources. What should you plan for when developing a comprehensive, long-range financial plan? Intel provides a number of tools and resources to help you get started.
- Choose technologies that add value over time. Identify the factors that make some technology implementations perform dramatically better than others. Investing time in a research-based solution will help you prioritize accordingly.
- Generate ongoing savings. Digital curriculums, online testing and assessments, and classroom Learning Management Systems are just a few ways to allocate time and resources more efficiently.