Intel® Education Tablets
From classrooms to playgrounds, students can take it anywhere
Intel® Education Tablets are designed specifically for education and built to meet students' needs. Ultra-portability allows them to take the device to the field to capture data with the built-in camera and analyze it with Intel® Education Software. They can also collaborate with classmates, while comparing their findings to others on the web.
The 2014, 10-inch tablets come with an active or capacitive stylus and are more rugged with 70 cm drop resistance and IP52 water and dust resistance. Battery life has been extended to, on average, 12 hours, and the tablets have innovative features such as front and rear-facing cameras, a snap-on magnification lens, and a plug-in thermal probe.
The Intel Education Tablets give students access to a whole new view of their world—right at their fingertips.
- Built-in tools support project-based inquiry such as a snap-on magnification lens and plug-in thermal probe
- Multi-touch display and e-Reader software to access online content
- Front and rear-facing cameras bringing scientific inquiry to life
- Integrated stereo speakers and microphone enable rich multi-media content creation and viewing
10-inch tablet designed specifically for education and built to meet student's needs.
Easy-to-use tools enable students to explore creativity and communicate visually.
Snap-on magnification lens supports inquiry-based learning with close up views.
Tethered active or capacitive stylus and plug-in tempurature probe.
2014 System Configuration
|Attributes||Intel® Education Tablet - 10-in. - Active Stylus
||Intel® Education Tablet - 10-in. - Capacitive Stylus
|Processor||Intel® Atom™ processor Z2520, 1.2 Ghz, dual core||Intel® Atom™ processor Z2520, 1.2 Ghz, dual core|
|Operating system||Android* 4.2||Android* 4.2|
|Memory||1GB/2GB LPDDR2||1GB LPDDR2|
|Storage||8GB/16GB/32GB eMMC||8GB/16GB/32GB eMMC|
|Security||Intel® Education Theft Deterrent with TPM, McAfee Mobile Security||Intel® Education Theft Deterrent with TPM, McAfee Mobile Security|
|Camera||Front-facing 1.26 MP VGA, rear-facing 5.0 MP||Front-facing 0.3 MP VGA, rear-facing 2.0 MP|
|Snap on magnification lens||Snap-on magnification lens, 30X magnification||Snap-on magnification lens, 30X magnification|
|Rugged design||70 cm drop resistance, IP52 (dust resistance, water resistance)||70 cm drop resistance, IP52 (dust resistance, water resistance)|
|Network||802.11 a/b/g/n 1x1||802.11 a/b/g/n 1x1|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth* 2.1 +EDR, NFC (optional), 3G (optional)||Bluetooth* 2.1 +EDR, 3G (optional)|
|System I/O||Micro-USB, microSD*, micro-HDMI*||Micro-USB, microSD*, micro-HDMI*|
Intel® Education Software – preloaded on tablets
Intel® Education Software is a customized package of industry-leading hardware, software, services, and support designed to work reliably together, delivered by local vendors to meet local needs. Applications are selected by Intel based on educational and technical evaluations and come preloaded as part of Intel® Education Solutions.
- Students develop 21st century skills by learning through exploration and interpretation
- Teachers facilitate learning and efficiently manage their classroom
- IT protect students and manage technology
- Engage: Kno Interactive* eReader, Intel® Education Lab Camera, PASCO SPARKvue* science application, My Notes Keeper*, Intel® Education Media Camera, ArtRage*, Intel® Education Resources
- Empower Educators: Classroom Management to manage efficient classrooms and collaboration
- Enable IT: Parents Carefree*, Intel® Education Theft Deterrent, McAfee AntiVirus Plus*
- Discover details of each software application >
Using tablets in education
Mobile computing is gaining momentum for today's educational organizations because of a new class of devices—this category-defining blockbuster is the tablet. Immensly portable, tablets serve as e-Readers, video repositories, and Web browsing devices with instant access to thousands of applications, often replacing the need for books.
Inside the classroom, tablets are transforming traditional lessons. Schools are increasingly seeing the potential of mobile devices. Not only are the devices less expensive than most laptops, they require less structure to support.
What to look for?
- Versatile, robust slates designed specifically for education, with education-specific hardware and software applications
- Anytime connectivity, touch capabilities
- Durability and security to ensure a sound investment that enable 21st century skill development
Ready to get started?
Intel’s broad ecosystem, pioneering products, and expertise in everything from teacher professional development to cloud computing position Intel as a powerful ally in advancing student success.