Build e-learning solutions for 21st century skills development
Educators recognize that to compete in the global information economy, children must have early and enduring access to information and communications technology (ICT) in the school setting. Intel’s broad ecosystem, pioneering products, and deep expertise in everything from teacher professional development to cloud computing uniquely position Intel to serve as a powerful ally in advancing student success and developing innovation economies around the world.
Intel® architecture Product Features
- Flexibility so educators can choose peripherals, software, and infrastructure for easier classroom integration
- Full-featured solutions that support anywhere, anytime learning
- Manageability and security to keep students safe and protect the technology investment
Starting the Process
The steps outlined in the Intel e-learning Deployment Guide provide a view into the scope of decision-making required with worksheets, activities, and sample documents that streamline the documentation process. Or get started now, and chat with us.
- Define a vision: What do you want from eLearning (outline goals, both tangible and intangible)?
- Determine project requirements: What do stakeholders need from e-learning? Include students, teachers, parents, and administrators.
- What are the constraints: Are there limitations on the current technology infrastructure? If so, how will they be addressed?
- Outline standards and assessment criteria. How will you know it “worked?” What measurable success are you trying to achieve?
- Download a blueprint for eLearning guide or read lessons learned across five e-learning programs
- Research required components including hardware, software, content, training, and tech support. Pulling together the right components transform education and result in greater student access and achievement. It can also significantly reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Survey current and future technologies and the infrastructure required to support them.
- Review learning device options. See the next-generation Intel® classmate PCs—purpose-built devices for 21st century education—featuring student-friendly designs with enhanced ruggedness, security, Intel architecture, and increased battery life.
- Look for learning devices that are easy to manage and include security measures for students and technology. Check out highly rated Intel® Education Software.
- Confirm content needs. The Intel Education Software suite makes learning engaging, provides tools for smooth deployment and reduced TCO.
- Prepare for multiple learning methods.
Maintenance and Support
- Outline funding sources and strategies; include suggestions for potential funders, both public and private.
- Track success metrics and standards with: Guide to monitoring e-learning programs.
- Explore collaboration and partnership options.
- Invest in professional development, teacher support and training to sustain long-term success. Intel® Teach helps K–12 teachers learn to engage students with digital learning, including digital content, Web 2.0, social networking, and free online tools and resources. Find free professional development courses here.
- Review curriculum and content options. Access free tools and resources to help students develop 21st century skills.