Lowering the barriers to entry to create wearables and
other products for the Internet of Things
The Intel® Edison development platform is the first in a series of low-cost, product-ready, general purpose compute platforms that help lower the barriers to entry for entrepreneurs of all sizes—from pro-makers to consumer electronics and companies working in the Internet of Things (IoT).
Intel® Edison packs a robust set of features into its small size, delivering great performance, durability, and a broad spectrum of I/O and software support. Those versatile features help meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Intel® Atom™ system-on-a-chip (SoC) based on leading-edge 22 nm Silvermont microarchitecture including a dual-core CPU and single core microcontroller (MCU)
- Integrated Wi-Fi, Bluetooth* LE, memory, and storage
- Support for more than 30 industry-standard I/O interfaces via a 70-pin connector
- Support for Yocto Linux*, Arduino*, Python*, Node.js*, and Wolfram*
- Open source community software tools enabling ease of adoption and inspiring third-party app developers to build apps for consumers.
The unique combination of small size, power, rich capabilities, and ecosystem support inspires creativity and enables rapid innovation from prototype to production for entrepreneurs of all sizes.
Make it Wearable challenge
Submit wearable product ideas in categories ranging from fashion to healthcare and wellness, education, social media, environment, security, and more.
Intel® Galileo board
The Arduino-compatible maker board from Intel
Updates to Intel® Edison technology
Mike Bell, corporate vice president and general manager of the New Devices Group for Intel, talks about updates to the Intel® Edison technology.
Read about changes and enhancements >
Fashion and Technology
The combination of fashion and technology
Intel leads collaboration to make products both powerful and beautiful.