Com2uS: Enhancing the Gaming Server Experience
Com2uS, a global mobile game developer and provider, deployed the Intel® Xeon® processor E3 family, Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family, and Intel® Solid-State Drive 520 Series caching technology to meet its needs for greater processing power for its game servers and database. This was critical in accommodating the unprecedented growth of the smartphone population.
• Unstable game servers. With a fast-growing user base, Com2uS needs to cut down the time it takes to fix issues that may disrupt smooth game operation.
• Inefficient system management. Com2uS needs to cut the time it takes to check servers directly during system management.
• I/O processing bottleneck. RAID volumes composed only of hard drives were not sufficient to deal with database overload issues resulting from an influx of users.
• Efficient servers. Providing smooth game content takes efficient game servers and strong performance from the database in charge of data I/O.
• Holding down costs. Com2uS resolved its performance issues by deploying multiple systems. However, improving database performance can take costly investments.
• RAID volumes. Intel began providing RAID volumes with Intel® RAID SSD Cache Controller. Com2uS has seen great results in database performance tests.
• 39 percent cost reduction. Com2uS saved 39 percent in management costs with the Intel® technology-based system, which provides unified service management, smooth fault handling, root analysis, and support.
• Efficient I/O processing. Com2uS resolved the database overload issue using Intel RAID SSD Cache Controller and Intel Solid-State Drives, which have higher input/output operations per second (IOPS) performance than hard disk drives.
• Less down time. By deploying Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 and Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 product family-based servers on the front end, Com2uS made game operation smoother, with faulty blocks replaced easily, causing less down time.
Read the full Com2uS: Enhance the Gaming Server Experience Case Study.