The Intel Oregon Information Center (IOIC)
The Intel Oregon Information Center (IOIC) helps explain the "high-tech" world and Oregon site operations for students, while exciting them about the many opportunities found with the semiconductor industry.
Teachers of 5th grade and above are invited to bring students for a tour of the Intel Oregon Information Center. Spend a couple of hours learning about Intel and new technology. During the tour students learn about microprocessors; how they work, are made and used. In addition, they will see how computers change lives and how they will be used in the future. Students begin to visualize themselves as the next generation of engineers who design and create the future world of technology.
Due to tour volume we are not able to accommodate all requests for visits to Intel facilities.
- At Intel Oregon, tours are limited to teachers and students, grades 5 and above. Be sure to print off the pre-tour checklist for teachers. Use it to help plan a successful visit to the Intel Oregon Information Center.
- Visits must be requested at least four weeks in advance.
- If you do not live near the facility (Jones Farm Conference Center (JFCC) – 2111 NE 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124) you should have plans to be near Hillsboro, Oregon, USA at the time of the scheduled visit.
- Tours are offered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, one morning and one afternoon session.
- Tours last approximately two hours.
- For every 10 students, one adult chaperone is required. Take a look at our guidelines for a successful visit to insure that everyone has a good time.
- Maximum group size 25, including chaperones.
- Backpacks or bags are not allowed inside the facility.
- Facilities for meals are not available.
Intel's Community Involvement
Every year, employees share their expertise and enthusiasm with their communities through volunteering.Learn more about Intel's community involvement >
Intel is helping to transform the lives of millions through education. For over a decade, we've been working with countries, communities, and schools worldwide to bring the resources and solutions needed for advancing education.Learn more about Intel's commitment to education >
At Intel, we are vigilant in our quest to reduce emissions, manage our water use, minimize waste, and build more environmentally responsible facilities.Learn more about Intel's commitment to the environment >