The browser version you are using is not recommended for this site.Please consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser by clicking one of the following links.
We are sorry, This PDF is available in download format only
The Intel® Math Program is a scaled-up adaptation of the Vermont Mathematics Initiative (VMI), a content-intensive professional development program developed by Dr. Kenneth Gross, Professor of Mathematics and Education at the University of Vermont. Intel Math provides eighty hours of professional development in mathematics for K-8 teachers (teacher participants), in the form of a course co-facilitated by a practicing mathematician and a mathematics educator (instructors). The course “is designed to close the gap between insufficient mathematics training of elementary school teachers and the demands of the contemporary mathematics classroom” (Kenneth Gross, on VMIi) and places emphasis on deepening the teacher participants’ understanding of core K-8 mathematics concepts. It is grounded in a problem-solving approach to topics such as integer arithmetic, the decimal number system, place value, rational number arithmetic, rates, linear equations, and functions. About 90% of the course is focused on mathematics content knowledge and the remaining 10% on pedagogy. Read the full Intel® Math Program Article.
Intel Labs and World Building Media Lab revolutionize storytelling through technology.
Progress Thru Processors uses unused processor power to run tasks for humanitarian research projects.
Jenna Hartley wants to help people through medical research, like those with CF-related infections.
Intel Labs scientist discusses how to improve communication by analyzing how we talk to each other.
The creators discuss the challenges behind the Titan Arm exoskeleton and how it can improve lives.
With universities worldwide, Intel fosters research, curricula, entrepreneurship, and innovation.