Case Study: ACSA Focuses on Physicians for Promoting Quality Care
A division of the regional government of Andalusia in southern Spain, the Andalusian Agency for Healthcare Quality (ACSA) promotes quality and patient safety policies for the public healthcare system, serving around eight million citizens. As part of its commitment to driving a culture of quality, security and continuous improvement, it runs a program of accreditation for more than 2,000 healthcare centers and 50,000 professionals.
• Support development: Provide mobile access to ACSA Web accreditation application for greater accessibility and easier progress tracking
• Increase efficiency: Enable physicians to work on their quality improvement at the point of care without an excessive administrative burden.
• Mobilize application: ACSA developed a mobile version of its accreditation application, optimized for touch functionality
• Device diversity: Enable physicians to bring their own devices or use one of a selection suggested by ACSA
• Optimized platform: Tablets powered by Intel® Atom™ processors and running Microsoft Windows* 8.
• Mobility benefits: Healthcare professionals are better able to make updates in real time, from the point of care, have accreditation information and tools at the patient’s bedside and communicate with colleagues and tutors using real-time social networking features
• Performance boost: Every effort has been made to ensure physicians’ time is optimized and that as much of their day as possible is spent productively and not on administration
• Patient experience: Physicians can spend more time with patients, focusing on delivering the best quality car