Mobile Intel® QS67 Express Chipset
The mobile Intel® QS67 Express Chipset is part of the mobile Intel® 6 Series Chipset family, providing a single chip architecture and delivers:
- Power optimized in a smaller package size that enables sleeker, thinner form factors
- Intel® vProTM technology for the most secure and manageable mobile business platforms
- Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT) for PC protection that can disable a lost or stolen PC and reactivate it without compromise to the system or data
- Intel® Wireless Display allows you to enjoy all of your personal and online content on big screen TV with a simple wireless connection
- Blu-ray* logo capable HD video playback, with native support for Blu-ray drives
- Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) with Intel® RAID support for enhanced performance, power management, and data protection for the storage subsystem
|Integrated Gigabit Ethernet MAC||
|Features and benefits|
|Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family||PCs with a processor from the Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family enable IT to take advantage of hardware-assisted security and manageability capabilities that enhance their ability to maintain, manage, and protect their business PCs.|
|Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT)||Using built-in platform capabilities and popular third-party management and security applications, Intel® AMT allows IT to better discover, heal, and protect their networked computing assets.|
|Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT)||Intel® VT combined with software-based virtualization solutions provide maximum system utilization by consolidating multiple environments into a single PC. With Intel® vPro™ technology built into PCs, IT can remotely manage systems while providing highly secure, centralized and virtualized IT services to end users.|
|Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)||With additional hard drives added, provides quicker access to digital photo, video and data files with RAID 0, 5, and 10, and greater data protection against a hard disk drive failure with RAID 1, 5, and 10
. Support for external SATA (eSATA) enables the full SATA interface speed outside the chassis, up to 3 Gb/s.
|Intel® Rapid Recover Technology (Intel® RRT)||Intel’s latest data protection technology provides a recovery point that can be used to quickly recover a system should a hard drive fail or if there is data corruption. The clone can also be mounted as a read-only volume to allow a user to recover individual files.|
|Intel® Flexible Display Interface (Intel® FDI)||An innovative path for two independently controlled channels of integrated graphics display data to be transported to the mobile Intel® 6 Series Chipset.|
|Support for High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), DisplayPort* and DVI||HDMI delivers uncompressed Intel® HD video and uncompressed multi-channel audio in a single cable, supporting all HD formats including 720p, 1080i and 1080p. This chipset also supports the DisplayPort* interface with up to 2560 x 1600 resolution.|
|Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio)||Integrated audio support enables premium digital surround sound and delivers advanced features such as multiple audio streams and jack re-tasking.|
|Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT)||Intel® AT allows systems to be disabled if they are lost or stolen. The technology can be used with or without a connection to the Internet or a corporate network. Intel AT can block the OS from loading, even if the hard drive is replaced or reformatted. Intel AT can also be used to disable access to data encryption keys and block access to valuable data on the hard drive, even if the drive is moved to a different system.|
|Intel® Wireless Display||With a laptop featuring Intel® Wireless Display you can experience your favorite movies, videos, photos, online shows and more on your TV with great image clarity and sound.|
|PCI Express* 2.0 interface||Offers up to 5 GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to 8 PCI Express* 2.0 x1 ports, configurable as x2 and x4 depending on motherboard designs.|
|Universal Serial Bus (USB)||Hi-Speed USB 2.0, provides greater enhancement in performance with a design data rate of up to 480 megabits per second (Mbps) with up to 14 USB 2.0 Ports.|
|USB 2.0 rate matching hub||Enables lower power requirements and manages the transition of the communication data rate from the high speed of the host controller to the lower speed of USB full speed/low speed devices.|
|Serial ATA (SATA)* 6 Gb/s and 3 Gb/s||High-speed storage interface supporting up to 6 Gb/s transfer rate for improved data access. Provides up to 6 SATA ports with up to 2 ports supporting 6 Gb/s transfer rates.|
|External SATA (eSATA)||SATA interface designed for use with external SATA devices. It provides a link for 3 Gb/s data speeds to eliminate bottlenecks found with current external storage solutions.|
|SATA port disable||Enables individual SATA ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through SATA ports. Especially targeted for eSATA ports.|
|USB port disable||Enables individual USB ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through USB ports.|
|Intel® integrated 10/100/1000 MAC||Support for the Intel® 82578DC Gigabit Network Connection|
|Green technology||Manufactured with lead-free and halogen-free component packages|
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1. Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) requires the computer system to have an Intel® AMT-enabled chipset, network hardware and software, as well as connection with a power source and a corporate network connection. Setup requires configuration by the purchaser and may require scripting with the management console or further integration into existing security frameworks to enable certain functionality. It may also require modifications of implementation of new business processes.
2. Intel® vPro™ technology, Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT), and Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT) require a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, enabling software and/or operating system, device drivers and applications designed for these features. Performance will vary depending on your configuration. Contact your vendor for more information.
3. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) requires the computer to have an Intel® RST-enabled chipset, the RAID controller in the BIOS enabled, and the Intel RST software driver installed. Please consult your system vendor for more information.
4. Support for RAID 5/10 on mobile available only starting Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) 10.0.
5. Intel® Flexible Display Interface (Intel® FDI) and the chipset graphic display interfaces require a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, and enabling software for the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator.
6. Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio) requires a system with an appropriate Intel® chipset and a motherboard with an appropriate codec and the necessary drivers installed. System sound quality will vary depending on actual implementation, controller, codec, drivers, and speakers. For more information about Intel® HD Audio, refer to www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm.
7. No computer system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT) (also referred to as the 'poison pill' in some documents) requires the computer system to have an Intel® AT-enabled chipset, BIOS, firmware release, software and an Intel® AT-capable service provider/ISV application and service subscription. Intel® AT performs the encrypted data access disable by preventing access to or deleting cryptographic material (e.g. encryption keys) required to access previously encrypted data. ISV-provided Intel® AT-capable encryption software may store this cryptographic material in the PC's chipset. In order to restore access to data when the system is recovered, this cryptographic material must be escrowed/backed up in advance in a separate device or server provided by the security ISV/service provider. The detection (triggers), response (actions), and recovery mechanisms only work after the Intel® AT functionality has been activated and configured. The activation process requires an enrollment procedure in order to obtain a license from an authorized security vendor/service provider for each PC or batch of PCs. Activation also requires setup and configuration by the purchaser or service provider and may require scripting with the console. Certain functionality may not be offered by some ISVs or service providers. Certain functionality may not be available in all countries. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof.
8. Intel® Wireless Display requires a compatible Intel®-based laptop PC, a third-party TV adapter featuring Intel® Wireless Display, and a TV with an available HDMI or Composite AV input. Compatible laptop PCs require a select Intel® Core™ processor family CPU. For a complete list of requirements, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html. Content requiring output protection, such as Blu-ray* and DVD movie playback, is not supported. Check with your PC manufacturer for specific details.