Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset
The mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset is part of the mobile Intel® 5 Series Chipsets, providing a new single chip architecture that delivers:
- Intel® Anti-Theft Technology for PC protection that can disable a lost or stolen PC and reactivate it without compromise to the system or data
- Blu-ray* logo capable HD video playback, with native support for Blu-ray drives
|Features and benefits|
|Intel® Flexible Display Interface||An innovative path for two independently controlled channels of integrated graphics display data to be transported to the mobile Intel® 5 Series Chipset.|
|Support for High Definition Multimedia Interface
(HDMI)*, DisplayPort* and DVI
|HDMI delivers uncompressed HD video and uncompressed multi-channel audio in a single cable, supporting all HD formats including 720p, 1080i and 1080p. This chipset also supports the DisplayPort interface with up to 2560 x 1600 resolution.|
|Intel® High Definition Audio||Integrated audio support enables premium digital surround sound and delivers advanced features such as multiple audio streams and jack re-tasking.|
|Intel® Anti-Theft Technology||Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT) allows systems to be disabled if they are lost or stolen. The technology can be used with or without a connection to the Internet or a corporate network. Intel® AT can block the OS from loading, even if the hard drive is replaced or reformatted. Intel® AT can also be used to disable access to data encryption keys and block access to valuable data on the hard drive, even if the drive is moved to a different system.|
|PCI Express* 2.0 interface||Offers up to 2.5GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to 6 PCI Express* 2.0 x1 ports, configurable as x2 and x4 depending on motherboard designs.|
|Universal Serial Bus (USB)||Hi-Speed USB 2.0 provides greater enhancement in performance with a design data rate of up to 480 megabits per second (Mbps) with up to 12 USB 2.0 Ports.|
|USB 2.0 rate matching hub||Enables lower power requirements and manages the transition of the communication data rate from the high speed of the host controller to the lower speed of USB full speed /low speed devices.|
|Serial ATA (SATA) 3 Gb/s||High-speed storage interface supports faster transfer rate for improved data access with up to 4 SATA ports.|
|eSATA||SATA interface designed for use with external SATA devices. It provides a link for 3 Gb/s data speeds to eliminate bottlenecks found with current external storage solutions.|
|SATA port disable||Enables individual SATA ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through SATA ports. Especially targeted for eSATA ports.|
|USB port disable||Enables individual USB ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through USB ports.|
|Intel® integrated 10/100/1000 MAC||Support for the Intel® Gigabit Network Connection 82578DC|
|Green technology||Manufactured with lead-free and halogen-free component packages|
Additional information: 1 2 3
1. Intel® Flexible Display Interface (Intel® FDI) and the chipset graphic display interfaces require a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, and enabling software for the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator.
2. Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio) requires a system with an appropriate Intel® chipset and a motherboard with an appropriate codec and the necessary drivers installed. System sound quality will vary depending on actual implementation, controller, codec, drivers, and speakers. For more information about Intel® HD Audio, refer to www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm.
3. No computer system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT) (also referred to as the 'poison pill' in some documents) requires the computer system to have an Intel® AT-enabled chipset, BIOS, firmware release, software and an Intel® AT-capable service provider/ISV application and service subscription. Intel® AT performs the encrypted data access disable by preventing access to or deleting cryptographic material (e.g. encryption keys) required to access previously encrypted data. ISV-provided Intel® AT-capable encryption software may store this cryptographic material in the PC's chipset. In order to restore access to data when the system is recovered, this cryptographic material must be escrowed/backed up in advance in a separate device or server provided by the security ISV/service provider. The detection (triggers), response (actions), and recovery mechanisms only work after the Intel® AT functionality has been activated and configured. The activation process requires an enrollment procedure in order to obtain a license from an authorized security vendor/service provider for each PC or batch of PCs. Activation also requires setup and configuration by the purchaser or service provider and may require scripting with the console. Certain functionality may not be offered by some ISVs or service providers. Certain functionality may not be available in all countries. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof.