Intel® H97 Chipset for Smarter Performance
Make your PC perform smarter with the Intel® H97 Chipset and the 4th generation and 5th generation Intel® Core™ processors. The Intel H97 Chipset and 4th and 5th generation Intel Core processors provide maximum power and performance for whatever you do. Smart features such as Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.01 and Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology2 activate full processing power exactly where and when you need it.
|Support for the 4th and 5th generation Intel® Core™ processors||Supports the 4th and 5th generation Intel Core processors with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.01, Intel® Pentium® processor, and Intel® Celeron® processor.|
|Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)3||
With additional hard drives added, provides quicker access to digital photo, video, and data files, and greater data protection against a hard disk drive failure with RAID 0, 5, and 10. Support for external SATA (eSATA) enables the full SATA interface speed outside the chassis, up to 3 Gb/s.
|Intel Rapid Storage Technology for PCI Express* Storage
||Enables Intel Rapid Storage Technology features with PCIe*-based SSDs.|
|Intel® Rapid Recover Technology (Intel® RRT)||Intel’s latest data protection technology provides a recovery point that can be used to quickly recover a system should a hard drive fail or if there is data corruption. The clone can also be mounted as a read-only volume to allow a user to recover individual files.|
|Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio)4
||Integrated audio support enables premium digital surround sound and delivers advanced features such as multiple audio streams and jack re-tasking.|
|Intel® Smart Response Technology5
||Implements storage I/O caching for faster response times of application startup and quicker access to user data.|
|Intel® Smart Connect Technology6
||Provides faster application refresh by allowing applications to be updated in a low power state.|
|Intel® Remote Wake Technology 7
||Allows the PC to be accessed remotely by a software application—even when PC is off.|
|Intel® Rapid Start Technology8||Allows quick system resume from the hibernate state.|
|Universal Serial Bus 3.0||Integrated USB 3.0 support, provides excellent performance with a design data rate of up to 5 Gb/s with up to six USB 3.0 ports.9|
|Universal Serial Bus 2.0||Hi-speed USB 2.0 support with a design data rate of up to 480 Mb/s with up to 14 USB 2.0 ports.|
|Intel® Small Business Advantage (Intel® SBA)10
||Provides small businesses with out-the-box features to enhance the security and productivity of their small business.|
|Intel® Device Protection Technology with Boot Guard11||Protects the system's pre-OS environment from viruses and malicious software attacks.
|Serial ATA (SATA) 6 Gb/s||Next generation high-speed storage interface supporting up to 6 Gb/s transfer rates for optimal data access with up to six SATA ports.9|
|Serial ATA (SATA) 3 Gb/s||High-speed storage interface supporting up to six SATA ports.|
|eSATA||SATA interface designed for use with external SATA devices. Provides a link for 3 Gb/s data speeds to eliminate bottlenecks found with current external storage solutions.|
|SATA port disable||Enables individual SATA ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through SATA ports. Especially targeted for eSATA ports.|
|PCI Express 2.0 interface||Offers up to 5 GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to eight PCI Express 2.0 x1 ports9, configurable as x2, x4, and x8 depending on motherboard designs.|
|USB port disable||Enables individual USB ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through USB ports.|
|Intel® Integrated 10/100/1000 MAC||Support for the Intel® Ethernet Connection I217-V.|
|Green technology||Manufactured with lead-free and halogen-free12 component packages.|
1. Requires a system with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 is the next generation of Turbo Boost Technology and is only available on 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors. Consult your notebook manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
2. Available on select Intel® Core™ processors. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires an Intel® HT Technology-enabled system. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. For more information, including details on which processors support Intel® HT Technology, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html.
3. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) requires the computer to have an Intel® RST-enabled chipset, the RAID controller in the BIOS enabled, and the Intel RST software driver installed. Please consult your system vendor for more information.
4. Requires an Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio) enabled system. Consult your PC manufacturer for more information. Sound quality will depend on equipment and actual implementation. For more information about Intel® HD Audio, refer to www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm.
5. Requires a select Intel® processor, enabled chipset, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software, and a properly configured hybrid drive (HDD + small SSD). Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
6. Requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, and Intel® Solid-State Drive. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
7. Intel® Remote Wake Technology requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® LAN component, Intel® software and BIOS update, and Internet connectivity. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
8. Intel® Rapid Start Technology requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, and Intel® Solid-State Drive (Intel® SSD). Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
9. Actual number of ports available may vary by system configuration. Please consult your system vendor for more information.
10. Requires an Intel® Small Business Advantage-enabled system and proper configuration. Availability of features will depend upon the setup and configuration by your PC manufacturer. Consult your system manufacturer for more details.
11. No computer system can provide absolute security. Requires an enabled Intel® processor, enabled chipset, firmware, and software, and may require a subscription with a capable service provider (may not be available in all countries). Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof. Consult your service provider for availability and functionality. For more information, visit http://www.intel.com/go/anti-theft. Consult your system manufacturer and/or software vendor for more information.
12. Applies only to brominated and chlorinated flame retardants (BFRs/CFRs) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in the final product. Intel components as well as purchased components on the finished assembly meet JS-709A requirements, and the PCB/Substrate meet IEC 61249-2-21 requirements. The replacement of halogenated flame retardants and/or PVC may not be better for the environment.