Intel® 9 Series Chipset Platform Controller Hub Datasheet
This document is intended for original equipment manufacturers and BIOS vendors creating products based on the Intel® 9 Series Chipset Platform Controller Hub (PCH) (See section 1.3 for SKU definitions and supported features).
• PCI Express* (PCIe) Base Specification, Revision 2.0 support for up to eight ports with transfers up to 5 GT/s.
• Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) Power Management Logic Support, Revision 4.0a.
• Enhanced direct memory access (DMA) controller, interrupt controller, and timer functions.
• Integrated Serial ATA (SATA) host controllers with independent DMA operation on up to six ports.
• Extensible Host Controller Interface (xHCI) USB controller provides support for up to 14 USB ports, of which six can be configured as SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports.
• Two legacy Enhanced Host Controller Interface (EHCI) USB controllers each provide a USB debug port.
• Flexible I/O, a new architecture to allow some high-speed I/O signals to be configured as PCIe, SATA, or USB 3.0.
• Integrated 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet media access control (MAC) with System Defense Feature.
Read the full Intel® 9 Series Chipset Platform Controller Hub Datasheet.