Intel® 82801DBM I/O Controller Hub 4 Mobile (Intel® ICH4-M) Datasheet
This datasheet is intended for Original Equipment Manufacturers and BIOS vendors creating Intel® Controller Hub (Intel® ICH4)-based products. All references to ICH4 in this document refer to the ICH4-M component. This datasheet assumes a working knowledge of the vocabulary and principles of USB, IDE, AC ’97, SMBus, PCI, ACPI, and LPC. Although some details of these features are described within this datasheet, refer to the individual industry specifications listed in Table 1-1 for the complete details.
Overview: The ICH4 provides extensive I/O support. Functions and capabilities include:
• PCI Local Bus Specification, Revision 2.2-compliant with support for 33-MHz PCI operations.
• PCI slots (supports up to 6 Req/Gnt pairs)
• ACPI Power Management Logic Support
• Enhanced DMA Controller, Interrupt Controller, and Timer Functions
• Integrated IDE controller supports Ultra ATA100/66/33
• USB host interface with support for 6 USB ports; 3 UHCI host controllers; 1 EHCI high-speed USB 2.0 Host Controller
• Integrated LAN Controller
• System Management Bus (SMBus) Specification, Version 2.0 with additional support for I2C devices
• Supports Audio Codec ’97, Revision 2.3 specification (a.k.a., AC ’97 Component Specification, Revision 2.3); link for Audio and Telephony codecs (up to 7 channels)
• Low Pin Count (LPC) interface
• Firmware Hub (FWH) interface support
• Alert On LAN* (AOL) and Alert On LAN 2* (AOL2)
The ICH4 incorporates a variety of PCI functions that are divided into three logical devices (29, 30, and 31) on PCI Bus 0 and one device on Bus 1. Device 30 is the Hub Interface-to-PCI bridge. Device 31 contains all the other PCI functions, except the USB Controllers and the LAN Controller, as shown in Table 1-2. The LAN controller is located on Bus 1.
Read the full Intel® 82801DBM I/O Controller Hub 4 Mobile Datasheet.