Intel® 82801CA I/O Controller Hub 3-S: Datasheet
This datasheet is intended for Original Equipment Manufacturers and BIOS vendors that create Intel® I/O Controller Hub ICH3-S (ICH3-Server)-based products. Throughout this datasheet, all references to ICH3 refer to the Intel® 82801CA ICH3-S part. This datasheet assumes a working knowledge of the vocabulary and principles of USB, IDE, AC ’97, SMBus, PCI, ACPI, and LPC. Although some details of these features are described within this datasheet, refer to the individual industry specifications listed in Table 1-1 for the complete details.
The ICH3 provides extensive I/O support. Functions and capabilities include:
• PCI Local Bus Specification, Revision 2.2- compliant with support for 33 MHz PCI operations. PCI slots (supports up to 6 Req/Gnt pairs)
• ACPI Power Management Logic Support
• Enhanced DMA Controller, Interrupt Controller, and Timer Functions
• Integrated IDE controller supports Ultra ATA100/66/33
• USB host interface with support for 6 USB ports; 3 UHCI host controllers
• Integrated LAN Controller
• System Management Bus (SMBus) Specification, Version 2.0 with additional support for I2C devices
• Audio Codec ’97, Revision 2.2 specification (also known as AC ’97 Component Specification, Rev. 2.2) Compliant Link for Audio and Telephony codecs (up to 6 channels)
• Low Pin Count (LPC) interface
• Firmware Hub (FWH) interface support
• Alert On LAN* (AOL) and Alert On LAN 2* (AOL2)
The ICH3 incorporates a variety of PCI functions that are divided into three logical devices (29, 30, and 31) on PCI Bus 0 and one device on Bus 1. Device 30 is the Hub Interface-to-PCI bridge. Device 31 contains all the other PCI functions, except the USB Controllers and the LAN Controller, as shown in Table 1-2. The LAN controller is located on Bus 1.
Read the full Intel® 82801CA I/O Controller Hub 3-S Datasheet.