ESSAR: Dynamic Server Platform
The ESSAR Group is a multinational conglomerate and a leading player in the sectors of steel, oil and gas, power, communications, shipping ports and logistics, construction, and minerals. With operations in more than 20 countries across five continents, ESSAR employs 70,000 people and has revenues of about US $15 billion. Headquartered in Mumbai, ESSAR has more than 26 offices across India.
• Improve access to data. Ensure quicker access to real-time operational information.
• Improve planning and forecasting. Enable crunch data, and uncover trends and patterns to help in business planning and decision making.
• Strengthen IT investments. Need to strengthen existing investments in SAP software and gain real-time visibility of the business across verticals.
• Deploy Cisco Unified Computing System* (UCS). Utilize Cisco UCS server platform to support the implementation of SAP HANA* (High Performance Analytic Appliance).
• Utilize Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8867L. Deploy servers running on Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8867L, which provides industry-standard infrastructure for enterprise critical applications.
• Allow real-time access to data with SAP HANA. With SAP HANA optimized on the Cisco UCS platform, data is brought within the reach of decision makers in seconds, enabling innovative new applications and combining high-volume transactions with analytics.
Read the full ESSAR: Dynamic Server Platform Case Study.