Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v3 Product Family
The Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 product family-based workstation delivers visual performance for graphics-intensive applications.
SPECapc* for SolidWorks* 2013
SPECapc* for SolidWorks* 2013 is performance evaluation software for vendors and users of computing systems running SolidWorks 2013 CAD/CAM software. It is designed to run on Microsoft Windows* 7 64-bit platforms.
The benchmark includes ten new models, each of which is exercised with 12 tests. Models were selected from the SolidWorks user community, with an emphasis on real-world datasets that can be distributed in the public domain. The largest model is 2.25 million triangles.
The ten graphics-oriented tests in SPECapc for SolidWorks 2013 use three SolidWorks view settings—RealView, ambient occlusion, and shadows—in combination with shaded and shaded-with-edges display styles. The two CPU tests within the benchmark include tessellation and PhotoView 360* rendering.
Please see www.spec.org for more information on the workloads.
Intel estimated as of April 2014
SPECapc for SolidWorks 2013
Baseline configuration: Intel® C206 chipset-based Intel® Xeon® processor-based workstation platform with one Intel Xeon processor E3-1275 (quad-core, 3.4 GHz, 8M cache), ASNBCPT1.86C.0085.P00 July 5, 2012, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) best configuration, 8 GB memory (2 x 4 GB DDR3-1333 ECC UDIMM), Intel® HD Graphics P3000 with driver 2455, 2 TB 7200RPM SATA III HDD (WD2000FYYZ), Microsoft Windows* 7 Service Pack 1. Source: Intel internal testing as of April 2013.
Previous configuration: Intel C216 chipset-based Intel Xeon processor-based workstation platform with one Intel Xeon processor E3-1275 v2 (quad-core, 3.5 GHz, 8M cache), ACRVMBY1.86C.0096.P00 September 9, 2012, Intel HT Technology best configuration, 8 GB memory (2 x 4 GB DDR3-1600 ECC UDIMM), Intel HD Graphics P4000 with driver 2712, 2 TB 7200RPM SATA III HDD (WD2000FYYZ), Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Source: Intel internal testing as of April 2013.
New configuration: Intel C226 chipset-based Intel Xeon processor-based workstation platform with one Intel Xeon processor E3-1286 v3 (quad-core, 3.7 GHz, 8M cache), BDW-E1R1.86C.0064.R01.1402210557, Intel HT Technology best configuration, 16 GB memory (4 x 4 GB DDR3-1600 ECC UDIMM), Intel HD Graphics P4600 and 4700 with driver 3496, Intel® SSD 530 Series, Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Source: Intel internal testing as of April 2014.
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5
1. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel® microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more information, go to www.intel.com/performance.
2. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.
3. Intel processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
4. Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel® microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2 and SSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel® microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product user and reference guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice. Notice revision #20110804
5. SPEC* and the benchmark names SPECint*, SPECfp*, SPECjbb*, SPECjEnterprise*, SPECvirt_sc*, SPECpower_ssj*, SPECompM*, and SPECompL* are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation.