Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v3 Product Family
The Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 product family-based workstation delivers visual performance for graphics-intensive applications.
SPECapc* for LightWave 3D* v9.6
SPECapc* for LightWave 3D* v9.6 is performance evaluation software for systems running NewTek LightWave 3D v9.6 software. LightWave is a complete modeling, rendering, and animation solution used worldwide for visual effects in television, film, broadcast graphics, games, visualization, print, and web.
The benchmark, developed in cooperation with NewTek, provides realistic workloads that simulate a typical LightWave 3D workflow. It contains 11 datasets -- ranging from 64,000 to 1.75 million polygons -- and representing such applications as 3D character animation, architectural review, and industrial design. Scores for individual workloads are composited under three categories: interactive, render, and multitask.
The benchmark puts special emphasis on processes that benefit from multi-threaded computing, such as animation, OpenGL playback, deformations, and high-end rendering that includes ray tracing, radiosity, complex textures, and volumetric lighting.
Please see www.spec.org for more information on the workloads.
Intel estimated as of April 2013
SPECapc for Lightwave3D v9.6
Baseline configuration: Intel® C206 chipset-based Intel® Xeon® workstation platform with one Intel Xeon processor E3-1275 (quad-core, 3.4GHz, 8M cache), ASNBCPT1.86C.0085.P00 July 5, 2012, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) best configuration, 8GB memory (2x4GB DDR3-1333 ECC UDIMM), Intel® HD Graphics P3000 with driver 2455, 2TB 7200RPM SATAIII HDD (WD2000FYYZ), Microsoft Windows 7* Service Pack 1. Source: Intel internal testing as of April 2013.
Previous configuration: Intel® C216 chipset-based Intel Xeon workstation platform with one Intel Xeon processor E3-1275 v2 (quad-core, 3.5GHz, 8M cache), ACRVMBY1.86C.0096.P00 September 9, 2012, Intel HT Technology best configuration, 8GB memory (2x4GB DDR3-1600 ECC UDIMM), Intel HD Graphics P4000 with driver 2712, 2TB 7200RPM SATAIII HDD (WD2000FYYZ), Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Source: Intel internal testing as of April 2013.
New configuration: Intel® C226 chipset-based Intel Xeon workstation platform with one Intel Xeon processor E3-1275 v3 (quad-core, 3.5GHz, 8M cache), HSWLPTU1.86C.0116.R00 March 3, 2013, Intel HT Technology best configuration, 8GB memory (2x4GB DDR3-1600 ECC UDIMM), Intel HD Graphics P4600/4700 with driver 2989, 240GB Intel® 520 SATAIII SSD, Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Source: Intel internal testing as of April 2013.
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5
1. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel® microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more information, go to www.intel.com/performance.
2. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.
3. Intel processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
4. Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel® microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2 and SSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel® microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product user and reference guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice. Notice revision #20110804
5. SPEC* and the benchmark names SPECint*, SPECfp*, SPECjbb*, SPECjEnterprise*, SPECvirt_sc*, SPECpower_ssj*, SPECompG*, and SPECmpi* are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation.