Performance Benchmarks: Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-4800 Series-HPC
Intel® Xeon® processor E7-4800 product family
Ideal for high performance computing (HPC) applications that rely on high memory capacity thanks to up to 512GB per socket with 16 slots utilizing 32GB memory modules delivering up to 102 Gb/s memory bandwidth on a 4-socket server.
- Electronic Design Analysis (EDA) using Synopsys Proteus* analysis tool
- Electronic Design Analysis (EDA) using Mentor Graphics Calibre* nmDRC tool
- Electronic Design Analysis (EDA) using Magma Tekton* Static Timing Analysis (STA) tool
- Electronic Design Analysis (EDA) using Cadence Virtuoso Spectre* Circuit Simulator tool
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5 6
1. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html.
2. Relative performance for each benchmark is calculated by taking the actual benchmark result for the first platform tested and assigning it a value of 1.0 as a baseline. Relative performance for the remaining platforms tested was calculated by dividing the actual benchmark result for the baseline platform into each of the specific benchmark results of each of the other platforms and assigning them a relative performance number that correlates with the performance improvements reported.
3. 64-bit Intel® Xeon® processors with Intel® EM64T require a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, OS, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel EM64T. Processor will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel EM64T-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel EM64T-enabled OS, BIOS, device drivers, and applications may not be available. Check with your vendor for more information.
4. Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
5. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.
6. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more information go to http://www.intel.com/performance. Results have been measured by Intel based on software, benchmark or other data of third parties and are provided for informational purposes only. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party data referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the websites of the referenced third parties or other sources to confirm whether the referenced data is accurate and reflects performance of systems available for purchase.