Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v3 Product Family
The Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 product family-based entry servers are small-business servers based on the Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v3 product family that delivers outstanding performance at a great value, enabling small businesses to manage their IT investments smarter.
Java* performance on SPECjbb*2013 benchmark
The SPECjbb2013 benchmark has been developed from the ground up to measure performance based on the latest Java application features. It is relevant to all audiences who are interested in Java server performance, including Java virtual machine (JVM) vendors, hardware developers, Java application developers, researchers, and members of the academic community.
Intel estimated as of April 2014
SPECjbb* 2013 configurations
Baseline configuration: Intel® C206 chipset-based server platform with one Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1280 (8M cache, 3.5 GHz, quad-core); 32 GB memory (4 x 8 GB DDR3-1333 UDIMM); 64 GB SATA SSD; Intel® Turbo Boost Technology enabled, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) enabled; Red Hat* Enterprise Linux* 6.3, Oracle Java HotSpot* JDK1.7.0_17. Source: Intel internal measurements as of May 6, 2013. Multi JVM score: 11,208 max-jOPS.
Previous configuration: HP ProLiant* ML310e Gen8 with one Intel Xeon processor E3-1280 v2 (8M cache, 3.6 GHz, quad-core); 32 GB memory (4 x 8 GB DDR3-1600 DIMM); 1 x 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA, HP Power Profile* Maximum Performance; SATA AHCI support-enabled; thermal configuration: maximum cooling; collaborative power control disabled; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3; Oracle Java Hotspot JDK 1.7.0_15. Source: Highest scoring Intel Xeon processor E3-1280 v2-based system published on spec.org as of May 6, 2014.
Multi JVM score: 12,453 max-jOPS.
New configuration: Supermicro 813M-3* with one Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1281 v3 (8M cache, 3.7 GHz, quad-core); 32 GB memory (4x 8 GB DDR3-1600 ECC UDIMM); Intel® SSD 240 GB, SATA; Intel Turbo Boost Technology enabled; Intel HT Technology enabled; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5; Oracle Java HotSpot 64 bit Server VM, version JRE 1.8.0-b132. Source: Intel internal measurements as of April 2014. Multi JVM score: 15,589 max-jOPS.
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5
1. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel® microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more information, go to www.intel.com/performance.
2. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.
3. Intel processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
4. Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel® microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2 and SSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel® microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product user and reference guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice. Notice revision #20110804
5. SPEC* and the benchmark names SPECint*, SPECfp*, SPECjbb*, SPECjEnterprise*, SPECvirt_sc*, SPECpower_ssj*, SPECompG*, and SPECmpi* are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation.