Quickly Resume With Intel® Rapid Start Technology
Intelligent technologies from Intel make your PC more responsive
In the fast-paced world in which we work and play, we expect our Ultrabook™ devices, all-in-ones, and standard PCs to be instantly on and up-to-date with the latest information from the Internet.
A suite of three powerful technologies developed by Intel conserve battery life, deliver speed, and provide fresh Internet content 1:
- Intel® Rapid Start Technology2
- Intel® Smart Response Technology3
- Intel® Smart Connect Technology4
From off to on in a flash2
With Intel® Rapid Start Technology, your PC can go from being in a very deep sleep to fully awake in a flash. This responsiveness capability enables your device to consume lower levels of power5 when you’re not using it, yet resume quickly when you want to use it. You save time, and, if you’re using an Ultrabook™ device, this technology also extends the battery life. If you have an all-in-one, it allows the system to consume less power5. Either way, you can start up quickly and get right back to where you left off.
Intel® Rapid Start Technology is available on Ultrabook™ devices, all-in-ones, and standard PCs powered by the latest generation Intel® Core™ processor family.
Fast performance. Large storage.6
Intel® Smart Response Technology gives you the larger storage capacity of a traditional hard drive without sacrificing speed, delivering up to 2x faster performance1,7 and up to 2x faster game launches1,8—all while consuming less power. This feature recognizes and automatically stores your most frequently used applications, games, and files, so you can access then promptly and create, work, and game faster than ever before.
Intel® Smart Response Technology is available on Ultrabook™ devices, all-in-ones, and standard PCs powered by the latest generation Intel® Core™ processor family and Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 10.5 or higher.
Always up-to-date automatically4
No more waiting to connect online for the latest news from your friends or the world. With Intel® Smart Connect Technology, your email, social networks, and favorite apps that access the Internet are continually and automatically updated when the system is asleep. Just wake your PC and your online world is right there, always fresh, current, and ready to go whenever you are.
1. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more information go to http://www.intel.com/performance. Results have been measured by Intel based on software, benchmark or other data of third parties and are provided for informational purposes only. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party data referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the websites of the referenced third parties or other sources to confirm whether the referenced data is accurate and reflects performance of systems available for purchase.
2. Intel® Rapid Start Technology requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, and Intel® Solid-State Drive (Intel® SSD). Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
3. Intel® Smart Response Technology requires a Intel® Core™ processor, select Intel® chipset, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software version 12.5 or higher, and a solid-state hybrid drive reporting at least 16 GB capacity and supporting SATA-I/O hybrid information feature. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
4. Intel® Smart Connect Technology requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, Intel® Wireless adapter, and Internet connectivity. Solid-state memory or drive equivalent may be required. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
5. Intel® Rapid Start Technology transitions a system that is in Sleep or Standby, an S3 power state that keeps memory and other components powered, to a hardware power state that does not do so, an S4 power state. Refer to manufacturer’s specifications for system specific information.
6. Requires a select Intel® processor, enabled chipset, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software, and a properly configured hybrid drive (HDD + small SSD). Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
7. I/O Performance Workload: PCMark* 7 storage score and PCMark Vantage* HDD score System Configuration: (Desktop) Comparing pre-production 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770K processor (8T4C, 8 MB cache, up to 3.9 GHz), Intel® Desktop Board DZ77GA-70K, memory 8 GB (2x4 GB) Samsung* DDR3-1600, Intel® HD Graphics 4000, driver: 22.214.171.12416 (BIOS: GAZ7710H.86A.1868.R06.1201060946, Chipset INF 126.96.36.1999 with the following disk options: 1) Seagate ST31000528AS Barracuda*, 1 TB, 7200 rpm, with Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) 188.8.131.522, 2) Intel® SSD 311 series, 20 GB SRT cache, Intel RST 184.108.40.2062 with Seagate ST31000528AS Barracuda, 1 TB, 7200 rpm.
8. Game Loads Workload: Application and level load times for mainstream games such as Battlefield* 3 and Call of Duty*: Modern Warfare 3 System Configuration: (Desktop) Comparing 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2600K processor (8T4C, 8 MB cache, up to 3.8 GHz), Intel® Desktop Board DZ68DB, memory 4 GB (2x2 GB) Corsair* DDR3-1333, EVGA* GTX 580, driver: 220.127.116.1162 (vendor package 285.62) (BIOS: DBZ6810H.86A.0014.2011.0413.1049, Chipset INF 18.104.22.1689 with the following disk options: 1) Seagate ST31000528AS Barracuda*, 1 TB, 7200 rpm, with Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) 10.6.0.1002, 2) Intel® SSD 311 series, 20 GB SRT cache, Intel RST 10.6.0.1002, 3) Intel® SSD 510 series, 250 GB, Intel RST 10.6.0.1002.