3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processor Family
Enjoy Rich Visuals Plus an Automatic Burst of Speed When You Need It
The most popular members of our Intel® Core™ processor family, the Intel® Core™ i5 processors deliver amazing performance with stunning visuals on your Ultrabook™ or All-in-One or Standard PC, whether it’s a laptop or desktop. The Intel Core i5 processors include many technologies that deliver incredible PC and visual experiences for all of your favorite activities—whether you’re creating, sharing, exploring, or gaming.
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 intelligently and automatically boosts processor speed just when you need it for performance that adapts to you—it’s that smart.1
Intel® Quick Sync Video, part of our built-in visuals, integrates video conversion hardware into the processor to accelerate performance of editing, burning, and sharing your videos in a snap.2 Now your videos are waiting for you, not the other way around. 2
Intel® HD Graphics, in the 3rd generation of Intel® Core™ processors, integrates the graphics engine and media processing right on the chip to deliver life-like graphics for a better gaming experience. Intel HD Graphics delivers up to 3X performance over previous-generation Intel HD Graphics3,4,5, 5 —with additional headroom for tomorrow’s games. Best of all, no additional hardware is required.
Intel® Wireless Display lets you easily stream your favorite content wirelessly to your HDTV so you can enjoy all the things you love about your Ultrabook™ or PC on your big screen.6
Intel® Clear Video HD Technology gives you eye-popping, true-to-life visuals—the way they were meant to be seen. A suite of technologies in Intel Clear Video HD Technology delivers sharper and smoother images with richer colors, making every image picture perfect.2
Intel® Insider™ unlocks a world of premium HD movies and shows on your Ultrabook™ or All-in-One or Standard PC so you can watch high-definition programming previously unavailable on your screen—or stream it wirelessly to your HDTV with Intel® Wireless Display.7
Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology lets each processor core work on two things at once—that’s up to 4-way smart multi-tasking in Intel® Core™ i5—so you can effortlessly move between your applications.8
With amazing performance and stunning visuals, the 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i5 processors will let you enjoy more on your PC—at home and at work. You’ll see why the only thing more amazing than a new Ultrabook, All-in-One, or Standard PC is what you’ll do with it.
1. Requires a system with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 is the next generation of Intel Turbo Boost Technology and is only available on select Intel® processors. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
2. Built-in visual features are not enabled on all PCs, and optimized software may be required. Check with your system manufacturer. Learn more at www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/visual-technology/intel-visual-technology-consumer.html.
3. Intel® HD Graphics is available on select models of the Intel® Core™ processor family.
4. PCMark Vantage*, a hardware performance benchmark for PCs running Windows* 7 or Windows* Vista, includes a collection of various single and multithreaded CPU, graphics, and HDD test sets with a focus on Windows* application tests. Configurations: Pre-production 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2400 processor (desktop) and 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor (laptop), compared with Intel® Core™2 Duo processor E6550 (desktop) and Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T7250 (laptop), typical three- to four-year-old installed base products as defined by IDC (Dec'08). For more information, go to www.intel.com/performance/.
5. Intel® High Definition Experience and Performance Rate Test 2009 (Intel® HDXPRT 2009) is a benchmark that runs consumer digital media applications on a PC. Intel® HDXPRT 2009 automatically runs tests using commercially available applications from the following usage categories: music encoding, photo and video editing, and high definition video playback. For more information on HDXPRT 2009 go to: http://www.intelcapabilitiesforum.net/downloads/hdxprt/. Configurations: 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2400 processor (desktop) and 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor (laptop) compared with Intel® Core™2 Duo processor E6550 (desktop) and Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T7250 (laptop), typical 3-4-year-old installed base products as defined by IDC (Dec. ’08). For more information go to http://www.intel.com/performance.
6. Requires an Intel® Wireless Display-enabled system, compatible adapter, and TV. 1080p and Blu-ray* or other protected content playback only available on 2nd or 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor-based PCs with built-in visuals enabled, a compatible adapter and media player, and supporting Intel® WiDi software and graphics driver installed. Consult your PC manufacturer. For more information, see www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html.
7. Intel® Insider™ is a hardware-based content protection mechanism. Requires a 2nd or 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor-based PC with built-in visuals enabled, an Internet connection, and content purchase or rental from qualified providers. Consult your PC manufacturer. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-insider-for-premium-hd-home-entertainment.html.
8. Available on select Intel® Core™ processors. Requires an Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) enabled system. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. For more information including details on which processors support HT Technology, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html.