Maintenance Keeps Your Business Ahead
Having a more dependable IT maintenance system gives your business a competitive edge. Investing in new solutions now, can help reduce your small business expenses. As systems age, they are more likely to experience downtime and can cost more to run and service. Here are some tips on how to maintain your systems and keep your business ahead.
How to Make Your Windows1 PC Last Longer
Boost your Windows PC’s performance with this handful of tips.
Bringing a new computer home is always exciting. It feels so powerful and fast. Here are some tips to keep your Windows PC running like new all the time.
Clean up your hard drive. So you may have your new 1 terabyte hard drive but are you using it efficiently?
- Uninstall those software that you rarely use.
- Empty your Web browser cache. It can slowly build up and take up a lot of space.
Upgraded hardware = Increased performance. Simple hardware upgrades may make your system run like new again, sometimes even better.
- A common hardware upgrade is to add RAM. Just remember to check what’s the maximum amount of RAM you can install on your system.
- Using a Solid State Drive (SSD) will significantly improve system performance. SSD may offer up to 66% faster system responsiveness than traditional hard disk drives. You may even experience much faster boot time, application launches, file loads and more.
- Another option is a hybrid drive. It uses a small amount of solid-state storage which may give you that extra performance boost and it costs less.
Check your Windows system security. Making sure that your system is secure not only protects you but it helps with performance as well.
- Make sure your Windows Update is on and scheduled for automatic updates. Updates have security patches that keep your Windows PC secure.
- Your firewall and anti-virus program should be highly rated. If there’s one thing you should splurge on, it should be your security system.
- Have a system backup plan. It makes sure that all your information is always secured in more than one place.
Beyond these tips, ensuring the right processor that matches your needs reduces the maintenance required. The 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processors is great for everyday uses but if you're looking to do more, the 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors might be the one you're looking for.
To find the best IT solutions for your business, contact our channel partners to help you find the products and guidance you need.
Clear PC Cache
In this article, we’ll show you how to clear your cache so your PC will run faster and safer.
Tips for Backing up Your Data
Backing up your data regularly ensures that personal documents, work files and other important data are available in the event of a technology meltdown. Follow these tips and you’ll rest easy.
Extend Your Battery Life
To squeeze every last drop of power out of your notebook battery, follow these tips and tricks and you’ll stay mobile longer.
Small Business Advantage Solution by Intel
Focus on your business instead of your PCs. Intel® Small Business Advantage helps you maintain and protect your PCs automatically.
Upgrade Your IT with Ravi's Workshop!
Ravi's got the answer to the real IT problems posed by businesses like yours. Check in regularly as he shows businesses how IT can make work better and gives an IT makeover to one lucky winner!