Intel® Centrino® mobile technology+ combines Intel's best notebook technologies for notebooks. More than just a processor, it features fully integrated wireless LAN+ capabilities and delivers excellent mobile performance while enabling great battery life in lighter, easier-to-carry notebook PCs. IT technology includes the following components:
Integrated Wireless LAN Capability
The integrated wireless LAN capability of Intel Centrino mobile technology eliminates the hassle of cables, cards, and antennas. The technology is built to support a wide range of industry WLAN security standards and leading 3rd party security solutions (such as Cisco Compatible Extentions*).
Outstanding Mobile Performance
Some key features contributing to the outstanding mobile performance of Intel Centrino mobile technology include:
With mobile applications becoming more complex, and demanding faster, more efficient computing performance, Intel Centrino mobile technology is designed to meet the demands of new and future applications with technology that offers faster instruction execution at lower power.
Enables Great Battery Life
- Micro-ops fusion which combines operations to reduce time and power required to execute instructions
- Power optimized Level 2 Cache and Enhanced Data Pre-fetcher which reduce off-chip memory access and increases availability of valid data in L2 cache.
- Advanced instruction prediction which analyses past behavior and predicts which operations are likely to be requested in the future eliminating CPU process replication
Intel Centrino mobile technology delivers outstanding mobile performance while enabling great battery live with power saving technologies.
- Intelligent power distribution to focus system power where the processor needs it most.
- New power-efficient transistor technology which optimizes power consumption and dissipation for lower CPU power.
- Support for Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® technology to dynamically enhance application performance and power usage.
A Variety of Notebook Designs
Intel Centrino mobile technology enables the latest in mobile PC designs, from thin and light, to full size. To fit high-performance processors into the latest slim and ultra-slim notebooks, PC tablets, and other cutting-edge PC designs, Intel Centrino mobile technology uses Micro FCPGA (Flip Chip Pin Grid Array) technology for packaging processor chips specifically optimized for thinner, lighter notebook PC designs.
+ Wireless connectivity and some features may require you to purchase additional software, services or external hardware. Availability of public wireless LAN access points is limited, wireless functionality may vary by country and some hotspots may not support Linux-based Intel Centrino mobile technology systems. System performance measured by MobileMark* 2002. System performance, battery life, wireless performance and functionality will vary depending on your specific operating system, hardware and software configurations. See http://www.intel.com/products/centrino/index.htm for more information.
1 Some security solutions may not be supported by your PC's operating system and may require additional software and/or certain hardware as well as wireless LAN infrastructure support. Check with your PC manufacturer for details. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of their respective owners.