Accelerate and optimize server network performance
Business success, today, relies on rapid transfer and processing of data. Intel® I/O Acceleration Technology (I/OAT)is an integrated platform I/O solution addresses the data movement, data access, and system overhead problems with network I/O.Intel® I/OAT helps get network data to and from server applications faster and with greater efficiency (consuming far fewer CPU cycles). Customers' server applications can experience immediate benefits from Intel I/OAT because it works with existing Ethernet network infrastructure and requires no modification to current software applications.
With Intel® I/O Acceleration Technology built-in to server platforms based on the next generation Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® processor 5000 your customers will see real business advantages: better application and network responsiveness, which lets them access more data simultaneously and handle more users on the network.
Intel® I/OAT Feature Highlights
- Platform hardware assists plus an optimized TCP/IP stack accelerates network I/O performance.
- Optimized network acceleration hardware improves the efficiency of the server CPU resources.
- Multi-port GbE scalability provides throughput, redundancy and reliability.
- Direct system memory access supports an unlimited number of network connections.
- Seamless native TCP/IP stack support for Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
"Intel I/OAT demonstrates the advancements that are possible when a problem is approached from a platform perspective," said Pat Gelsinger, senior vice president, Intel Digital Enterprise Group. "The benefit to end users is better performance, particularly on transaction applications, such as Web commerce or electronic banking, while businesses benefit from reduced cost of ownership and improved ability to grow the system."