As a result of the high cost of server downtime, many customers demand rapid service that is not possible without keeping critical backup components in close proximity to operating hardware.
Server spares kits provide a set of backup chassis electronics and cables that can be used to quickly replace failed parts and reduce expensive server downtime.
In a recent survey, service and availability were two of the top three server customer concerns.
The components included within server spares kits enable the possibility of cost effective same day service and added confidence in the high availability of servers built with Intel server building blocks.
Benefits of Spares Kits
- Offer Same Day Service - Spares Kits contain the custom chassis electronics and cables that you need to offer same day service to customers
- A Single Part - No more guess work on what parts to stock for replacement
- Save Money - The kit cost is approximately 30% less then a new chassis
- Service Multiple Servers - One kit can service up to 50 servers when combined with the Advanced Warranty Replacement (AWR) program
How to Use Spares Kits:
- Store the kit within a short distance of the servers that may require one or more of its components. One kit can service 1 to 50 servers in the same proximity.
- If an operating component fails, use a part from the kit to replace it.
- After using a part from the kit, order a replacement part through Intel's Advanced Warranty Replacement (AWR) program.
- After receiving a replacement part from Intel, add it to the spares kit so that the kit is fully stocked.